Decool 0275,0277-0279: Custom Spider-Man Minifigs Review

Didn't get the 2 (of 6) because DLP (and other brands) already released them.


Initially previewed here!

Decool 0275 - Spider Biker?
Decool 0277 - Captain Spider?
Decool 0278 - Spider Girl?
Decool 0279 - Spider Woman?

These seem to be "original" designs, meaning they were't taken from comic books or movies or shows.

Possibly though, they are variations/altered Old Man Spider-Man, [fan-art Captain Spider], Betty Brant Spider suit, and Julia Carpenter Spider-Woman!
(Thanks to Dave and Nat for noticing!)


No extra hands. This is how they were packaged; they were already built and came with no extra hands.


These are their accessories. Sadly, Captain Spider's shield's printing aren't centered. I'm also not sure if Spider-Knight's sword is a normal TLG sword, because the handle is different.


No big issues here. Great printing, great details, great plastic.


Side prints for both legs and arms, yay!


Thankfully they painted around the legs, even if it's not dual molded.


I'm no fan of the design on the left.. And the right design's face looks childish. Other than the preferences, the print and plastic quality are fine. The legs on the left design don't look too good though, even in terms of quality because the flesh color isn't as straight and bright.


Side prints are also good.


Back print.


Decool is known for giving their female minifigs some curves, and I like it. I understand though that some may not like it because it strays away from the traditional minifig.

TL;DR - So far so good. If you love Spider-Man, then this set can be for you. If you only like accurate stuff, then these aren't.

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews MOCs, and more!


Comments

  1. I stand by that Spider-Woman being Julia Carpenter with the wrong head/hair. 100% her suit, though. And that Cap one is definitely based on a fan mashup. The rest...I don't know. I'm probably still going to call Spider-Girl as that Betty Brant version.

    Also, I have never ever seen curves on a figure before, but I guess I can't remember the last time I bought Decool. I don't actually like that...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. I will have no hair on the betty brant.. and swap to red for anya corazon. Definitely old man spider and a cap mash up too.
      See flicker agoodfella for cross ref :)

      Delete
    2. Thanks guys! Basically, they were inspired by original designs but somewhere along the way, they messed up the designs, intentionally or unintentionally hahaha

      Delete
  2. The 'curvy' torso Spidergirl pic showing her arms raised seems to give her a muffin top. I guess she'll probably have to give the doughnuts a miss for a while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. from the front, spider woman looks like a victim of self cutting...whew....

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment