POGO PG258, PG260-PG261: Kaecilius, Robbie Reyes, and More Marvel Minifigs Review

Whole set picture is here!

PG258 - Kaecilius from Doctor Strange
PG260 - Spider-Man Homecoming Homemade Suit
PG261 - Ghost Rider (Robbie Reyes)
PG262 - Matt Murdock (Daredevil Secret Identity)

I was so happy to see Kaecilius in the preview picture, but I'm not too happy about this minifig. He just seems... dull. The only redeeming factor for me is his face. Even the hair seems wrong, I'm looking forward to XINH's Kaecilius. I'll compare them when I get them!

For Matt Murdock, I have no issues with the toso, in fact it's one of my favorite suit designs. The problem is with the hair, I mean, WHAT IS THAT!? Hahaha. The face also seems to small, as if it got shrunk..

Side prints.

Back prints.

Minor mod. Better?

I love Robbie Reyes. I don't think this design is great though, but it's understandable. Robbie Reyes' Ghost Rider flames are different from the usual one, but again, minifig parts have a limitation so I understand that at least. The addition of a normal head is also great for those who are choosy about the flame being not accurate. The face itself looks weird though, is that a mustache or..? Haha

Interestingly, the flesh face has that as an alternate face. I'm not gonna use it, but it's really interesting. (Also, quality control issue spotted; some fade marks on the eyes)

Back view.

Decool has one too, but I don't think it had the hood piece so I didn't get it. So for now, it's POGO > DLP > Decool. I'm interested in how XINH will do, but the preview picture shows him with a worn hood and not like this one.

For me, this is the first time POGO beat DLP in terms of quality and design. I'll let the pictures do the talking. The biggest differences though are the shades of blue and the face. Although ultimately, I think they had the same source for the design beacuse the placement of the elements are identical, except for the eyes.

One of the worse things about DLP's is the lack of side printing for the legs. It just looks so off, while POGO tries to replicate dual molding! Good job! The webshooters also look much better than DLP's.

But DLP's hood piece looks better in terms of plastic quality.

TL;DR - A set worth getting, but if you're happy with your old Spider-Man then maybe skip this OR wait for XINH's to compare again. I'd also recommend waiting for XINH Kaecilius, or better yet, buy both POGO and XINH and mix and match the good parts! They're cheap enough, even in my local store, people can get lots for a small price compared to originals. (But of course, originals are much better too!)

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

Post a Comment