WM Brand WM344-WM348: Deadpool's Mercs for Money Minifigs Review

First previewed here!


Finally! Everyone's favorite merc in different colors ala Power Rangers. Well, kinda..

They're actually Deadpool's mercenary team, the Mercs for Money. They're a bunch of super people/mercenaries who ended up dressing up as Deadpool too when they joined together. (Actually, when I was reading some Civil War II comics, not all of them because I lacked time, they had their own looks and I found them super interesting that I was already planning some of their MOCs.)

WM344 - Yellow - Slapstick
WM345 - Orange - Stingray
WM346 - Blue - Foolkiller
WM347 - Pink - Terror
WM348 - Green - Solo


Moving on to the figs themselves though. They're the usual WM figs. They're kinda leaning towards the POGO side in terms of quality though and honestly could've been better especially considering they're from WM (who I really admire, minus the lack of back prints for some figs.)


They're all identical except for the color. Here's a closer look at the pink one. Good amount of details. Print isn't as "clear" as XINH's or SY's, I can't really explain it, but SY/XINH is clearly preferred (at least for me) but the fig is also not bad at all, actually it's good. Not great, good.


Have an issue with my blue one though. If you look at the head, it's a bit rough versus the smooth heads on the other figs. Possibly got scratched while in the factory? I can't tell for sure, but it is an issue. Maybe I'll get another one, since I love Deadpool [and his Mercs for Money].


At least from afar it's not that bad though.

Oh and, what I've hated for so long: slapped on sleeve prints. Why couldn't they go all the way around!? But I guess it's more defensible here versus the usual t-shirt sleeves that are slapped on that look horrible. For this, we can just pretend that they're using black shoulder pads.. Haha.


Yes, they all have swords and sword packs. No guns though.


And thankfully they have back prints! Maybe WM has addressed the backless prints of their previous figs and have improved! Yay!


Closer look.

Good set. Worth getting. Not the best in terms of quality, but it's not bad too. Get it if you're a Marvel collector and more so if you're a Deadpool collector.

Now I'm just interested to see how the Kopf ones go especially considering how good my recent Kopf figs are.
AngeloMarcus Greenhills got these pretty quickly, I'm not sure though if they'll get the Kopf ones. I'm dependent on them on getting my minifig hauls so if they get the Kopf ones, which has an exclusive purple Deadpool and the usual red one but doesn't have the exclusive orange on that WM has.

Well I'm hoping AngeloMarcus Greenhills will have the Kopf set too soon, but I'm in no hurry because they release a lot of new [and sometimes old and rarer] stuff weekly too anyway!

To summarize WM vs Kopf though:
WM : 5 Deadpools with Orange Deadpool (Stingray)
KF : 6 Deadpools with Purple Deadpool (Madcap) and Red Deadpool (Wade Wilson)

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments