POGO PG1110, PG1111: MOTU Trap Jaw and Man-E-Faces Minifigs Review

From this bigger set.

Interesting figs, no doubt about that, but are they great? We'll see.

Let me start with Man-E-Faces, and without his armor. The main reason is that his armor doesn't fit too well, I actually had a hard time putting the armor on, specifically the helmet, and that's why I decided to take pictures of the bare minifig first. Now I think the "skin" on the legs, arms, and face should match the torso, but they don't which has been the thing bootleggers have been doing for a while now, sadly. Plastic quality is also the usual POGO, which isn't good but it should pass for most people.

That's the side print, and it does match the head and legs but not the torso, not at all.

Just the torso has back print.

Here's the problem. The armor piece for the torso has that thing protruding at the top part, and thus the helmet gets stuck there right before it hits the bottom of the neck. It was a bit scary trying to push it down, but I did in the end, although I'm not sure how it'll be after a while. We're not sure if it'll leave scratches on the helmet..

The printing on the armor pieces could've been better. As you can see there's a scratch on the orange rectangle on the chest piece. 

Side view. At least though they still tried to color the armor pieces.

Nothing on the back as usual. 

Oh and he comes with this weirdly shaped gun. I just hope it's accurate enough to what Man-E-Faces really has.

Now for Trap Jaw. I love this fig. It's not the best quality, but it's certainly more interesting than the other MOTU figs, at least for me. 

What makes it intersting is this arm. You use it instead of the usual arm, although thankfully POGO also included an extra blue arm if you don't want to use this rubbery arm piece.

Quality wise, it's the same as the other MOTU figs. You can see how the pinks are not consistent with each other..

Side view of the unique arm. There's nothing on the normal arm.

Back view. No back leg printing sadly.

And that's him with the helmet. The helmet covers the mouth and I'm fine with it, but I'm not sure if others will be.

Back view of the helmet.

Generally the same in terms of quality with the previous MOTU minifigs. If you want to see them, just click the Masters of the Universe tag on my blog to see all related MOTU posts.

I find these guys interesting not because I'm a MOTU fan, (I'm not, at least not yet) but because I'm a minifig fan and these parts we've been getting from them have been good! I just wish that POGO went the distance and gave great bare minifigs and prints in the process as well.

I've yet to get the other 4 remaining MOTU figs from AngeloMarcus Greenhills, but when I do, expect a review!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments