POGO PG8098: Ultimates and Apocalypse X-Men Minifigs Review

This is the preview picture.


Sorry Rogue and Beast aren't in the group picture..


PG326 - Rogue (Ultimates)
PG329 - Beast (Ultimates)

So let's start with them! Plastic quality and print quality are the usual from POGO. That means it's not great, but it's also not the worst. Shame we don't get dual molding, or at least "fake" dual molding for the legs. Also, at least the yellow isn't too faded or washed out compared to other minifigs, TLG included, wherein when a bright color is printed on a dark torso, the print comes out ugly.
EDIT: I think the yellow is supposed to match the yellow shade of Rogue's hands and legs, so yeah maybe it's not as good as I thought.


Rogue comes with this pistol. Maybe she lost confidence in her superpowers. JK!


Here's another shot without the gun. I would've wanted a neutral Beast face, but we don't get it.


Side view. No side prints unfortunately which is really disappointing..


Yes, no alternate face with neutral face..


PG323 - Cyclops
PG322 - Quicksilver

Now to the out of place X-Men characters. Why not just include the Ultimates version of them? Oh well, POGO probably didn't know or research. So design wise, I think they two are the same except with the head and hair piece. I also hate that hair piece that comes with Cyclops, but that's just me. Also, he looks just like Hawkeye.. they didn't even included a cyclops visor.. At least Quicksilver's head is new, right? but even then, the mouth isn't consistent.

Quality wise, it's the same as the others. Oh and Cyclops comes with a gun, maybe because he doesn't have his visor.. JK!


At least we get side prints for this1


Back prints look good too!
They have no alternate faces.

I feel like these torsos will be useful if you want to complete your Apocalypse team, but also useful for making generic soldier torsos!


PG324 - Longshot
PG325 - Angel (Ultimates)

Now for Longshot and Angel. First of all, Longshot's design looks a off.. Is it the grey lines? When I just look at it, it's not as appealing as the other designs and I can't really describe it.. Maybe you guys will like it though. For Angel, in terms of design, his torso's skin print doesn't match the arms which is one of the biggest problems bootleggers have been doing for a while now.. (Even TLG, ehem Hawkgirl from TLBM ehem)


Longshot comes with this new gun mold.


And Angel's wings build like that.


Back design. I'm also not a fan of the overly yellow hair of Angel..


Longshot has some side prints.


PG328 - Jean Grey (Ultimates)
PG326 - Wolverine (Ultimates)

Two mediocre or maybe even below average figs and it's all because of that manufacturer problem of matching the skin colors.. Quality wise, it's the same as the others. Although the print, especially on Jean, is noticably worse because of how the skin is printed versus the skin mold. Still, it's the first Jean Grey, that's not Phoenix, that will be easier to get. (Unlike the SY Jean Grey I had a hard time getting.)


Side prints have the same problem.
No side legs printing too.




No alternate faces. No back leg prints. The same issues as the front too.

Wolverine's yellow seems a bit more faded than the others too.

Well I think it's a mediocre set. I would've hoped that POGO instead released the classic X-Men minifigs, either the ones like in the cartoons or the really classic black and yellow ones (Iceman, Jean Grey, Cyclops, Beast, Angel). But we have this. I feel like they should have started with those ones because I think those would've sold more. Now if these didn't sell well, then maybe they'll think X-Men isn't profitable.. I hope that's not how they think though since I know a lot of people love the classic X-Men.

Okay so I'm sorry for the lack of reviews recently, I felt a bit sick and didn't want to go through lots of words.. Hahaha I apologize. I'll be reviewing lots of stuff from my AngeloMarcus Greenhills haul, and they also have some new stuff in their stores, so I'll definitely try to pass by soon, especially since I'm feeling better now! 

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments