POGO PG221: Captain America MCU Minifig Review

Age of Ultron suit or Civil War suit?

I gotta say, I'm not a fan of this guy at all. I commend them for the new design, but the implementation is just disastrous.. First look and you see how the gap from the print to the torso edges are huge. Quality control issue? I'm not sure, but that's not the only issue. The details on the CG picture looked really great, but the details on the real deal are dull. That star looks like crap, though at least they tried lol. 

Here's another weird thing. Steve's hair is blonde, but his eyebrows are orange.. Do note that the official TLG Cap does have orange hair, or at least for a time he had orange hair. The inconsistency is really 

Shield is plain old Captain America shield, nothing fancy here. 

Another letdown: no Avengers logo on the side arms. I mean, there's some weird white shapes on where the logo would've been, so they did try to replicate the logo, but it didn't work out. Click the pictures and see how there's no logo at all, just a weird shape. I guess the design was too complicated for such a small piece, or maybe they really just couldn't do it, I don't know, but it makes the minifig look bad. 

At least the back part is okay. Also, it's a surprise to see this minifig with dual molded legs, while we have other more interesting minifigs with no dual molding, despite seemingly needing them.

TL;DR - I think this was a wasted opportunity. The design was great, and I would've loved this version of Cap, but alas, they failed to give us what we wanted or even expected. They should've at least changed the shield too, maybe chrome? or maybe with those Black Panther scratches? Or maybe they should've released some other character/design in the first place.

Well, here's a maskless Cap for you guys at least. I still appreciate the effort, but I do hope they do better next time, but let's not forget that there are more good/interesting designs from POGO than there are bad, so don't hate on them for just one bad minifig!

If you're from the Philippines, then you should know that I got this guy from AngeloMarcus Greenhills. Even if you go to Divisoria, you will barely find any POGO/XINH minifigs there, maybe just the old ones, so just pass by AngeloMarcus, and mabait naman sila ate, walang suplada 'di parang sa Divi hehe!

Whole set was previewed here. Also did reviews on each, except Canary. Just look up the old posts until I add links, if I find time!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments