DTB: 1000th Post Special - Personal Marvel Collection Display

Wishlist: 
More figs, more sets, more space. Hahaha

I have a small house so there's not a lot of space for other big sets.. Still, I'll find a way to better store and/or display my collection!

My love for these started when a local toy store put their Kre-O Transformers on sale, and we at home loved it. Then at some point, we found out about SY, Decool, etc. and were impressed at the quality despite the price.

For my minifigs, I just recently bought this cheap shoe rack. So there are two rows, but you can also fit another base plate right under, sitting on the floor. Groot doesn't fit though, as you can see. But I'm not done fixing it yet!

The bigfig collection! <3 Still missing Kurse and the big Doombot from SY. :(

It's a mess, I know, but I'll organize it next time! I wanna focus on my academic life and org life aka extra-curricular work, to help me get a good career after school. Then hopefully, get a decent job and have some extra income for more figs, sets, and space! Hahaha so to the kids reading this, work hard!

The other table with other Marvel stuff. I loved the Avengers Age of Ultron quinjet, but I might have to disassemble soon to make space.. :(

Those boxes and plastic cases are where I have my parts and other figs.

But before that, here's my mini marker kit in case of easy modifications haha. I also have two TLG keychains in there that my girlfriend got me, I still don't know where to put them because I don't wanna lose them. 

The cases on the top are where I put some duplicate figs and/or different designed characters but I don't like them enough to be displayed (most probably because of space issues)
The case on the bottom has some extra parts for MOCs, more organized to help me!

But my main MOC kit is this one.

I stack the heads as such to make it easier to look for faces!

Alright so that black box has the minifigs that are waiting to be displayed (no space yet, sadly). Those are the other themed ones. They are also open for MOCs haha.

Then this one is a case for my soldier/henchmen minifigs. I've got White Walkers from GoT to act as Frost Giants, ninjas to act as The Hand, SWAT soldiers as Hydra, blue SWAT as SHIELD, etc etc.

Under that is the box where all my brick pieces are stored.

My Kre-O parts are in other containers, along with a lot of other Kreons (Kre-O minifigs).
(Bootlego was just still so much cheaper than Kre-O, and some brands were even better than Kre-O in terms of quality..) 

It's been more than a year now, and I just wanted to show everyone how my collection has grown, and I'm sure how yours has. I just hope that the blog was able to help you build it, was able to help you see which new release you wanted in your own collection. 

I also wanna thank my local store AngeloMarcus Greenhills for helping with the collection expansion. For those of you who have been reading and following the blog since early 2016, you would know that I just stopped posting suddenly. Until one day, I walked around Greenhills Shoppesville Plus, where all the collectors toy stores are, and was amazed by the new brands like POGO, XINH, etc. and at a cheap price! (Because traditionally, Divisoria had the cheap bootlego stuff and you had to go there, which is far from me, to get hauls. It was far and a hassle place to go to.)  So AngeloMarcus had a big part in the blog's revival, and that's one of the reasons I love them so much. 

I wanna thank everyone again for all the support! I know it's just the 1000th post, and I only have 903 likes as of this post, but really I'm just thankful! I started with NO readers and I only joined my local collectors' group last May so I had a hard time spreading the blog, but here I am and there you are! Thank you!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and even further discussions about bootlego and/or other brick related things!!

Comments

  1. kewl collection i would put the spidermans and his villains and any other roof top heroes or villians on the building remove a few panels and stick an single block on the leg and hang few figs off streetlight and stick vulture on a stand and have the rooftop full of figs same with fire escape u couls save alot of space


    also where did u get the black wolf what set is that ?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks and damn that sounds epic, and I'll do that when I have time!! hehe Thanks for the suggestion!

      and from here: https://downtheblocks.blogspot.com/2017/08/duo-le-pin-dlp514-marvel-minifigs-with.html Review coming soon but it's a smaller wolf compared to TLG's bigger one from Thor Ragnarok, but basically the same wolf! really just smaller hehe

      Delete
    2. Keep up the good work with your blog. I find it really useful

      Delete
  2. That's an impressive collection! And yeah, I can sympathize with the space issue being myself a collector of Marvel Legends, Transformers, G.I.Joes and clone bricks for nearly 10 years and having amassed a ridiculous amount of figures, lol. Luckily I live in an appartment which has one fairly large room I can set up my shelves of stuff in. I'll share some pictures on facebook if you want. ;) My dream would be to have a house with the basement completely dedicated to my collection and being able to set up huge dioramas and unique displays like that. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'd love to see!

      And yes, I have the same dream when it comes to houses! I'd want a whole brick city in a big basement!

      Delete
  3. Very cool! What brand are those bigfigs of Kingpin and Blob? I don't recall seeing them before.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sheng Yuan. They were sadly only available as part of bigger sets. SY were running behind all the other brands in releasing their 2016 sets, so they added exclusive big figs. Blob was from the Captain America / Red Skull submarine, and Kingpin was from the Civil War airport set, I think. Although I have Kingpin and I don't remember buying that set because I already had the real TLG one, so who knows.

      Delete
  4. Thanks for the time you put into this. The information you provide is very helpful.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great collection, and at least you get to display them. I have something like 700 (I track them in a spreadsheet because I'm a huge nerd and don't want to double up on any), and nearly all are packed away in boxes until I move into a bigger house, at which point I have to figure out how to display them in a way that I like and doesn't bother my wife too much.

    By the way, if you ever decide to start selling some off to make some room, I'd happily pay you for the SY comic Groot, the Mighty Micro Thanos, and your DLP506 Spider-Man.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha and the Mighty Micro Thanos isn't the best, tbh, it's from BJL brand I think. I bet some bootleggers will re-release those guys you want to, so be patient hehe :D Just like how I bought the whole Decool Spider-Copter set with Power Man and Mary Jane, then some months later, WM and KOPF release the two as singles.. :( haha

      Delete
  6. Wow man. This is crazy!! hahahhaha...do your parents gave you a lot of allowance for this? :) Amazing!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nah. I'm in college, and I have a daily allowance, and I just save my money :D The blog's ads also help, but it's not a lot of money haha, sometimes I just get cents (USD) per day haha

      Delete
  7. just seen this fb say id share here https://www.facebook.com/Toyscollectionitaly/photos/a.125495830946657.27822.125493680946872/874631219366444/?type=3&theater

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. MAN! I'M SO JEALOUS! I WISH I HAD THE SAME DISPLAY!!

      Delete
  8. Congrats man! I am huge fan of your blog!!! I have DTB as my bootlego's database!!! You have been helping me to get aware of new bootlego releases at first hand and I put everything I will get on a wishlist! Long live DTB!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been trying to find the blob. What website did you buy it from thanks 😊

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment