POGO PG1019, PG1022, PG1023: 3 of the First TLNM Wave Minifigs Review

First previewed here!


Just three of them for now, but hopefully I get the remaining 5 next time and I'll be sure to review them as well! (+ the recently previewed 2nd wave from POGO)


First thing to look at is Garmadon's 2x2 tile with print on it. It actually looks better in person! Sorry for my not-so-great camera..


I hate this hair piece. But I guess it's up to preference too.. Other than the hairpiece, printing is alright. I feel like the upper tie and the lower tie aren't aligned too well, but I might just be being a bit too OC for now.. Also, the orange on the arms themselves aren't as consistent.. Plastic wise, well it's the usual POGO or maybe even a bit better, but just a bit. Although there are some issues about loose parts..


Specifically the hair piece. It's one of the most loose pieces I've ever encountered... So, first strike is that the hair looks ugly and second strike is that it's so loose and third is that it covers the nicely printed face of the fig.


I don't know why the back [of the upper torso] is shaped like that.. Maybe we'll see more of it in the upcoming TLNM movie? Or maybe it's just a functional thing for the minifig?


A better view. Yes, the upper torso is smaller than the bottom one.


Well, Nya is a pretty basic minifig, but I do think that that black ponytail is the first of its kind [in terms of color]. I also have no issues with her regarding loose parts, bad printing, or anything else. She's basic, but she's good.


Back view.


No alternate face, sadly. Although we do get a nicely printed back torso.


Now, one of the more awaited figs from the bunch: N-Pop girl. Yes, she comes with three interesting molds: the teddy bear, the hairpiece, and the skirt piece thing. I think these pieces were made well enough; not the best but not bad either. They're also printed on quite nicely, compared to how bootleggers used to mess up new molds.


Back view of teddy bear.


Front view. No issues anywhere.


Back view, no issues again.


Yes, the skirt piece is colored differently throughout.


No alternate face, sadly.

Better look at the skirt piece. The under is plain white, and you CANNOT use it upside down..

Hopefully we see the teddy bear and skirt thing in their usual, non-N-Pop looks for more MOC options!

TL;DR - A great set with minor issues. If you can't get the official ones, then these are good substitutes!

I got them from AngeloMarcus Greenhills and I'm sure they're trying to get the remaining TLNM figs from this trio's set and the upcoming ones too! So stay tuned!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments