Kopf KF312-KF315, KF317: Other Masters of the Universe Characters Minifigs Review

First previewed here!


From left to right:
KF313 - Man-at-Arms
KF317 - Mer-Man
KF314 - Tri-Klops
KF312 - Ram-Man
KF315 - Sorceress


Let's start with these two. They're actually well made.. But the designs are... weird.. I don't like them, but some of you might..? I'll let the pictures do the talking.

\
Without their helmets.


I keep getting "wow"-ed by the set because they actually did a good job making them. I mean, there's leg side prints for Man-At-Arms which is something bootleggers often miss.


Back view.


Now for these two.
Tri-Klops' orange design on his armor looks a bit off.. but it's generally still alright. Ram-Man looks great for me, but I doubt his look is accurate to the cartoon..


Without their armor.


Back view. With and without armor.


More leg side printing.


Yeah the wings are really like that in the preview pictures.
I'll let the picture do the talking.. It's my first time to see that helmet mold though.


Back view.


Side view.


The previous two had great faces, now we have this..


Side printing.


Back view.

Yeah, they look dull. They look cheesy. The designs are inconsistent.. Some heads look fine while the others look like they came from other sets..
Do I recommend? Sure, if you're a MOTU fan maybe these will be enough to satisfy your MOTU cravings. But I hope more come out for the MOTU fans, because these are just poorly designed (but well-made!).
Also, He-Man himself is a great fig!

Of course, I got them from AngeloMarcus Greenhills. I actually saw them on display even before buying, and from the pictures I wasn't really satisfied but seeing and feeling the quality, I was happy with them!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. The white helmet of the Sorceress is the helmet mold of Gimli the Dwarf's minifig, of the Lord of the Rings series. It's originally released in a brown color with gold markings. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't notice! Never got the chance to really observe a Gimli minifig, maybe because no bootleg was ever made yet[, right?] but I do see the resemblance. Hoping to see more good uses for this mold hehe

      Delete
  2. Its like they were made without looking at how the characters look more than once. I Love motv and still wont be buying :(
    Lets hope another bootlegger has a go!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I'm no MOTU fan but it's obvious that these guys aren't accurate just by looking at them..

      Delete

Post a Comment