POGO PG348, PG349: Ronald McJoker (McDonalds Spoof) and Hamburglar Minfiigs Review

Got the name "McJoker" from herobloks.com!
Also, first previewed here!


Weird character at first glance, right?


Let's start with the burgers included with them. So it's 4 studs: 2 red and 2 green, in between those two circle pieces. They look great, sure, but the problem is that the minifigs have no way of holding them. Also, both sides of the buns are printed! Yay!


Now onto the minifigs. Ronald McJoker is basically Ronald McDonald but with Joker's face instead. Quality is alright for both of them, better than the other recent POGO figs. Reminds me of WM quality, actually.


Side prints. Too bad Ronald's legs aren't all the way around.


This is where it gets interesting. Yes, McJoker has a hidden gun behind his torso! Interesting twist! I think it's a good addition to justify the Joker face, but at the same time, I know some people might be disappointed because now they can't use this torso for a normal Ronald [assuming you have a spare Ronald head piece around]. Although you can at least use a pencil eraser to erase the gun away, but I'm not sure how good that'll look in the end especially since you'll be missing a line on his back. Not much to say about Hamburglar.


Another problem was that the afro piece was so loose that it just sat on top of the head. No feeling of attachment at all. (ouch)
So I simply grabbed some tape and put it around McJoker's head to make the stud part thicker and thus attach to the afro hair without needing to use glue.

An interesting Ronald McJoker and an okay Hamburglar. I recommend them both though, since McJoker is pretty interesting and Hamburglar is the first of its kind.
Got him from AngeloMarcus Greenhills. When he was displayed, I didn't even notice the gun at the back and was thinking of just replacing the head with the other McDonalds figs from before, but then when I got home and started building my haul, I saw this and I just was very much intrigued by this design!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments