WM WM432: Luke Cage (Netflix) Minifig Review (Comparison with XINH)

First seen here with a couple other WM figs.

On the left is WM Luke Cage and on the right is XINH Luke Cage. Quality wise, both are excellent. The plastic on both figs are great! The problem for me, and this might be just for me, is the design of WM's Luke Cage. The face is off. The beard is too thin, the eyes seem too small. If I was a criminal, I don't think I'd be too intimidated by the face haha!

Underneath the hood, we still get a pretty detailed torso.

The back is simple.

I would suggest that you give the WM hood to the XINH Luke Cage if you're not a fan of the torso or face of WM's. Better? 

Still an overall good fig. I think that if they had a better design, this Luke Cage might've been the preferred one over XINH. Might as well get both though since they're cheap anyway!

I'm glad AngeloMarcus Greenhills got both brands. I encountered a comment recently with my personal account of a guy being rude about brands. 
A guy was asking if this certain SY set was already available in the country, and the rude person said that two of them were (even though the ones released were from POGO, not SY) and so I said that yeah they were released, but not under the same [SY] brand. He then got mad for some reason and even called me a dumbass. I think he fails to see that despite being the same characters, and sometimes even from the same source (source of design like TLG and 3rd party customizers, not brand), characters that are the same can still be very different. This is an example, and I have a lot of other posts with more characters and brands. That's why I'm thankful that AngeloMarcus Greenhills tries to get them all so that everyone, as much as possible, can have the best of the best, even if it means merging the brands together! Haha

I apologize for the rant. I'm all for arguing, but when it comes to name calling and insulting over these relatively small topics, it's just very toxic. It's no good to anyone. Let's all try and be friendly to each other, especially within our communities of collectors. We all have one thing in common already, let's keep being friendly with each other!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. I bought two of them just to do this too. Do WM legs fit in XH hips? Yeah, I saw that post as well. Does he work for the factories? He seemed to take it personally and got offended to the point of unnecessarily getting pissed.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I was surprised. I didn't mean to offend anyone haha I just wanted to inform him, and other people, that the brands are different.. Oh well.

      Also, I think they do fit, but I haven't tried for sure. For the most part, only Decool has problems with legs-torso compatibility with other brands, as far as I know for now.

      Delete
  2. Btw, thanks for running this blog! Don't let the rude haters get you down, because others (myself included) have saved time and money because of your efforts. This is hands down the best knockoff/custom/etc. minifig site running right now!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment