XINH 783, 785-790: MCU Agents of SHIELD Minifigs Review


Only Bobbi aka Mockingbird isn't here yet.
XINH 783 - Phil Coulson
XINH 785 - Grant Ward
XINH 786 - Jemma Simmons
XINH 787 - Leo Fitz
XINH 788 - Daisy Johnson (Quake)
XINH 789 - Deathlok
XINH 790 - Melinda May


Quality is great for both print and plastic. This review will really just be a showcase of their features and accessories.

I wish Fitz also came with a laptop or a drone, but he only comes with that SHIELD phone(?). It's also kinda disappointing that the SHIELD logo on the bars aren't always aligned, but at least the important parts are good. Coulson's shield is the standout accessory of the set.

Just like the original TLG Coulson, he comes with a face with shades!

I love these three, even though I already have the "official" Coulson fig and a MOC for Fitz and Simmons.. Hahaha

Now for Quake and May. I think Quake's fig got her look well, but May is a bit of a miss for me, but just a bit. I think the skin tone could've been a bit darker, just a bit. I would've preferred somewhere in between that and the MOC May I made; still though if you know the show, the fig should be enough to tell you that it's May.

Quake comes with a pistol and May comes with two pistols with transparent blue studs with holes. This is great because for the most part, their guns in AoS are those "stun-gun" type of guns with electric-ish bullets instead of real, gunpowder bullets. It's weird though that Quake gets a normal gun.. I would've hoped she came with gauntlet accessories but nope.

The gauntlets are printed on Quake's arms though which is great. May also has side arm prints of the SHIELD logo.

Back view. No alternate face, sadly.


Now for Deathlok and Grant Ward. I would still want a classic Deathlok fig, hopefully soon. This Grant Ward too is kinda a generic fig; I might buy more for SHIELD agents!
Do note that Deathlok's metal leg is of different plastic mold [at least in color] than the waist and other leg. It's great since a mold looks better than print.


They both come with these rifles. Not so good quality rifles compared to Duo Le Pin, POGO, etc.



Side prints. Good amount of detail.

No alternate face for Deathlok as expected. Ward doesn't have back torso printing which is a shame. I was thinking that maybe they designed him to have a backpack; that could've justified the back-less Ward, but nope. I would've also loved a generic face to make more SHIELD soldiers, but nope too.

Check out my Leo Fitz and Jemma Simmons MOC here.
Check out my Melinda May MOC here.
Check out my Daisy Johnson MOC here.
Also, TLG/SY released a Phil Coulson minifig too which is the "official" one.

Still, overall a great set. I expect Mockingbird who isn't out yet to be just as good. I've yet to get her from AngeloMarcus Greenhills, but I'm sure they'll have her soon too!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. Like you I did also some SHIELD mocs and I had planned to do more :-/

    My Deathlok looks bad in front of Xinh one...but at least my I.C.E.R. looks better than Melinda's =P
    https://www.flickr.com/photos/76363892@N03/albums/72157668441127245

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I’ll end up using my own MOCs to modify these ones. Get the darker tone for May, the gauntlets for Daisy, etc.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah man, your MOCs were great and now you simply have more extra parts to make them even better! Haha

      Delete

Post a Comment