KORUIT XP001-XP004: Game of Thrones Kingsguard Minifigs Review (Jaime, Selmy, Meryn, Preston)

The preview picture didn't look as good, but in person they are much much much better!

Four almost identical minifigs. Four great minifigs.

They come in bags like this. Similar to some of WM's older minifigs.

I'll start with the sword which I think is great even though it's simple. It's a bit soft and I think that's good given it's nature as a pointy thing. It does not feel cheap at all though. The only problem would be the small nub at the bottom of the sword, but it's not really a deal breaker.




Some pictures I took of the helmet, which I think is the spotlight accessory of the figs.
Quality is great just like the other parts. They don't feel cheap and look good too! 

Now let's look at the heads. The reason I'm doing the heads without the bodies is that the bodies and accessories are identical. It makes sense since they do all have the same uniforms. The heads are also very recognizable especially if you're a fan of the show!

Quality is great too. I feel like it's on the same level as Sheng Yuan and XINH, and that's really good! 

They even have alternate faces!!! 

The capes are shaped like this. I think it's to better fit under the armor accessory. It's still not as "smooth" of a fit under the armor, but I think the shape of this cape helps. As for quality, it's the usual cape. Similar to POGO's because it's not soft cloth unlike some of XINH's capes.

Do note that ALL four of them have the same parts other than the heads and hair pieces. This is what's under the armor. I think it looks good! I'm not sure how accurate it is to the show, but they are meant to have armor on anyway, so it's great that Koruit still decided to add these prints inside!

Back view. I love this. Back leg prints. Thank you so much, Koruit.

Side view. Even side leg prints!? Amazing!

But wait, there's more!

"Are those dual molded arms?" No, they're better! Think of all the possibilities with these things! I think there should be mass produced arms like this already with different shapes.
It's not posable though.

One thing I failed to review though, and I'll try to post an update soon, is how this arm fits in other brands' torsos. I'll post a follow up, or update this post, soon! Give me a few days!

Here's the whole minifig. The armor is great. Even the helmet. Details are great, quality is great. It even fits nicely!

Side view. The cape seems a bit too long for the minifig, although too short for the show's counterpart. (Since I think these guys had very long capes in the show) I guess this is the perfect cape for minifig Kingsguard though!

Back view. Great amount of detail at the back too. There are some circles and I think those are shapes from the molding process and not the design? Can't say for sure, but they don't bother me too much.

An issue I had, although it might not matter to most, is that the baseplants anti-studs were very loose. Try stacking them on top of each other and they just won't stick.. The figs' anti-studs under the legs were fine though, so no worries!

Remember how I used to say that if a brand had POGO's great molds and XINH's great [quality] minifigs, then that brand would be amazing? Well, I think Koruit could be that. The only thing lacking right now are the choices. As of this writing, there are only a handful of Koruit figs. Namely these four, three more Kingsguard figs, Miguel from Coco, and a set of Ewoks.

I hope to see more from this brand. I want to see superheroes, the "harder-to-make" ones from them, although that's biased for me. I'll just be happy if they make more stuff that many people will like!

Hopefully I see the Coco fig soon too so we can see if Koruit can do just as good with other themes. Expect me to review them as soon as AngeloMarcus Greenhills gets them!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

Post a Comment