Dargo 965: Guardians of the Galaxy Vol.2 Minifigs Review

I don't like it, but I don't hate it.
Previewed here.

10 in the main set.

Each fig came with a Baby Groot. Sadly, all of them are the ones with the red suit. 10 Baby Groots and not one suitless Baby Groot.

The hands were interesting. They different mold. When you push them in the arm, you have to do it twice; it actually made the hand attaching easier, at least for my minifigs.

My Taserface came with an extra hairpiece, yay!

My Star-Lord didn't come with his helmet... He also comes with another Baby Groot instead of a second pistol. The pistol is also black instead of grey which is the correct color as far as I know.

Star-Lord also had some brown marks on his torso's side.. 

Most of them are decent. Yondu and Nebula are fine, but Rocket's eyes aren't aligned properly and Star-Lord has issues stated above.

Back view.

Ayesha looks better than her XINH counterpart; she also comes with two Star-Lord blasters, in black as well. Star-Lord's hair leaves a gap between his head and his guns are also black.. Drax's torso details could've been sharper. Mantis is alright, at least from this angle.

Back view. yes, Drax comes with a jetpack. None of my Star-Lord figs had jetpacks.. Don't know if they should come with them or now.

Alternate faces.

Better look at Drax' back without the jetpack.

Mantis had some flesh paint on the back of his hair.. Eraser will probably work, I haven't tried yet.

If you look closely, the gap between her two antennas are also not fully black, with some flesh present.

A better Taserface than Decool's. Gamora should have the same torso as Star-Lord, but as you saw, Star-Lord's had some brown marks..

Back view.

Bare face.

Hair-less view.

The flesh colored heads seemed off for the whole set. The tint seemed different, but not enough to look bad compared to other bootlego brands.

TL;DR - I think Dargo's improving. I would say this is a decent set, but the quality control is bad. In my opinion though, this set is better than XINH's or POGO's because 1) it's complete and 2) the print and plastic quality on these are better. (Though I can't say for sure because I don't have the POGO or XINH ones.)

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments