XINH 767: Netflix Daredevil Minifig Review (Versus Old POGO Netflix Daredevil)

XINH Daredevil came from this bigger set

On the left is XINH and on the right is POGO's OLDER Netflix Daredevil. Perhaps POGO's first minifig, right?
Also, XINH's has red sticks while OLD POGO's has black sticks.

Now for quality: XINH's is better. I'm not saying that in terms of design but in terms of quality. The plastic is much better: articulation is smooth, legs are straight, and mold is consistent (all pieces are glossy vs POGO's torso that isn't glossy). For printing, XINH's is also better in terms of colors and sharpness of the details. 

Side prints. Glad that both of them have leg printings, but XINH's has side arms versus POGO's clean dark red arms. 

Do note that only one side has the black design on the upper leg because that's Daredevil's tonfa sheath thing. 

Back print. Good job, XINH, right?

TL;DR - XINH > OLD POGO except if you prefer POGO's colors and 
I'm actually interested in seeing POGO's new Netflix Daredevil but I don't know if my local store AngeloMarcus Greenhills will release it. I understand though, because XINH has been much much better than POGO and getting XINH's Daredevil than POGO's seems logical and well, people might end up getting XINH's Daredevil anyway.

AngeloMarcus Greenhills recently stocked up on the old POGO Daredevil too, in case you guys are interested and in case they're still available. This XINH one came from them too, so might as well go there and check out the new stuff!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments

  1. Hi I feel the POGO Daredevil is much more authentic to the Netflix Daredevil series. The show is dark and gritty. The POGO lack of sharpness, dark, and muted (almost matte finish) colors are true to character. It should not be glossy, shiny, or bright colors. Ironically the sharpness work against the Xinh figure. I wish the matte/dark finish could be done with some of the batman figures to give them that dark feeling. I love my POGO figure because its colors are unique compared to my other minifigs and those red eyes are awesome.

    Anyways, I love your blog so keep it up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That makes a lot of sense! I'm sure that if I didn't have the old one but had the new one, I'd still look for the old one because of what you just said! :D

      And thanks! :D

      Delete
  2. i think POGO's first minifig was KYLE RYNER PG-001. - ritche H.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh yeah in terms of numbering, but in terms of being released, POGO Daredevil Netflix was the first I ever saw from CMI. Him and/or FOX Deadpool. Doesn't really matter as much anymore though hehe

      Delete
  3. Have you tried changing the Xinh Daredevil’s red hands to official Lego black gloves? I really want to buy the Xinh Daredevil and replace the hands with black lego hands but I’m not sure they’ll fit.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't tried original hands on it, but if you've been collecting for a while now, I assume you'd have lots of spare hands and maybe you can salvage from there! :)

      Delete

Post a Comment