Kopf KF987-KF989: Dragon Ball Minifigs (Android 18, Launch, Dr. Gero) Review

These are... okay? 


KF987 - Android 18
KF988 - Launch
KF989 - Android 20  (Dr. Gero)

Quality wise, they're not as good as other Kopf figs but they're not bad too. They kinda remind me of some POGO figs, but I think they're better. I'd say they're in the middle of XINH and POGO in terms of quality.


Print is pretty standard. I hope it would've been sharper, but it still gets the job done at least.


Simple sides. No side legs.


The back printing doesn't look too good. The R B logo isn't as clear as we'd prefer.


The hair mold is surprisingly a new mold. Plastic feels okay, but it's not as glossy as the usualo XINH/SY/TLG figs. I also wish it was more defined with lines to show the strands of hair, but it's not too visible. To be fair, it's in yellow so that might have prevented the lines from being seen much.


Now for Launch and Dr. Gero. Same comments as Android 18, but there are some differences like how Dr. Gero has side leg prints.


Launch also comes with this assault rifle and I'm not sure if she really had a gun like this in the show..



They both have side leg prints. What I hate though are Launch's side torso prints.. They're non-existent! I really dislike this especially since she's wearing a tank top, supposedly. They should've made her the way they did these NBA figs, preferrably Steph Curry, but MJ's fig would've been okay too (shirt color as the mold and flesh is printed).


A look at the back of their unique hair molds.


No alternate faces. No back leg prints.

I really think they're okay figs, but not as good as others. Especially not as good as previous Dragon Ball minifigs (but they're also better than some).

I recommend simply looking at them in AngeloMarcus Greenhills or your respective local stores if you can and then purchasing them. At the price they come, if you're a Dragon Ball fan, you should just purchase them already. They have unique molds and decent quality that I think are worth the prices they come in. If you don't have an physical local store, then I'm here to do reviews, but thankfully some online stores provide live pics already too!

Check out more Kopf minifigs in our set list here!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments