WM WM229: Miyazaki Hayao Minifig Review

Not one of WM's better figs, but still an interesting one.

If I'm not mistaken, it's Totoro on his apron! My Neighbor Totoro was written and directed by him anyway!

The biggest issue for me is consistency. As you can see, the white on the hair, torso, and legs are very different from each other. I guess WM's manufacturer wasn't so good this time, unlike their other recent figs.

Plastic was okay though, but it didn't have that same gloss we often see in XINH or SY.. Print details were good, the colors were just really off.




The back shows the same color consistency issues.

Generally an okay fig. I do hope WM chooses to have their figs made by better manufacturers instead of whoever they asked to make this one. Their other manufacturer/s are clearly better because some of their figs even have complete side printgs, etc.

More from my AngeloMarcus Greenhills haul are to be reviewed. Stay tuned! While waiting, feel free to check out our new WM minifig set list database! I'm still in the process of adding names, but that should be done soon. Let me know if it needs modifications or if I have stuff I'm missing.

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

Post a Comment