WM WM466: Lady Thor Minifig Review

I think this is my personal favorite among the others previewed.


I wasn't a fan of how Marvel decided to change the genders and races and etc. of already well-known characters but I've always found Lady Thor interesting. I find her design the most interesting part too, since I never really read her comics.


A four piece head accessory. The main helmet, two ear-like flaps, and the half hair piece. These things fit in together nicely. I think Lady Thor is the most solid among the others previewed. (Not counting Heimdall which I haven't received, though I did get the POGO one at least.)

Some people are getting the same side of those helmet ears. Those ear-like pieces are not identical meaning, one side is really meant for a certain side. Hopefully you don't encounter this problem, but if you do, maybe ask fellow collectors for a trade.


Here's how the combined pieces look like together.


The minifig itself is also good. It seems like the others were better though, but this one isn't bad at all. Print is fine even with details and plastic is also good. Got problems with the "eyes"? Well, don't worry cause we have an alternate face (seen below). This is actually the solution I thought of with WM Batwoman's problem.


Side view. Yay for side legs!


Same thing.


Here's the back. The legs are painted/printed all around but it's not dual molded or anything. The face here is also great.



And here, her eyes still fit the helmet well enough in my opinion. That's great because lots of manufacturers can't get this eyes into the eyehole problem. Glad this one has that AND an all black bandana-like eyes as back up!

She also comes with her own hammer but it was misplaced. :(

Certainly much much much better than XINH's [sorry attempt at] Jane Foster Thor.

Stay tuned for more reviews of my haul from AngeloMarcus Greenhills!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. I wasn't a fan of how Marvel decided to change the genders and races and etc. of already well-known characters

    Because both Marvel and DC NEVER NEVER NEVER had done it before in the last 50 years..../rolleyes


    Anyway, looking at the photos, the fig, specially the helment looks VERY fragile.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agree with you on the first point. They should've instead created new characters but I guess they wanted the attention by changing genders and races, lol.

      And yeah, you get what you pay for with these figs. Considering how the originals are like USD40-60 (I THINK), and these are waaaaay lower, I guess you can't expect much. For me, well I'm not gonna play with them anyway, just some pictures maybe and display so I'm fine with it as long as it's not TOO fragile.

      Delete
  2. Could you please make some pictures of her wearing her helmet from the sides? I've only seen her with the helmet on frontside. And could you also make a picture of classic comic Thor (the guy) wearing that helmet/hairpiece? I'd like to know if it would work that way.
    Thanks in Advance!
    <3 your blo(g)ck

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I did not realize that I didn't take pictures of her with her helmet on from the sides! I'll update the post, give me an hour or two (since writing this comment)! Thanks for reminding me! :D

      Delete
    2. I'll be showing pictures of the sides in a separate post in a while! Along with pics of how the head dresses are compatible with each other! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment