WM WM811: Ryuk from Death Note Minifig Review

We first saw him here!


I don't think the fans are too happy with him.


Ryuk is lacking. I don't know much about the anime/manga, but I'm sure that he looks a bit more intricate than that minifig. The minifig gets Ryuk's look well enough to the point that you can recognize him, but it's still not enough. I've seen pictures of custom Ryuk minifigs that look much more amazing and have more accessories.

Quality wise, this guy's alright. I feel like other WM figs are better, but this one's not bad too. The plastic feels good, it's not as glossy as XINH or SY or DLP, but it's definitely better than POGO's. The print could be better by 1) more defined design elements and 2) more designs in general.


Nothing on the side.


No alternate face. Minimal back print.

He does come with this apple accessory that I think is the first we've seen from bootlego, especially with [single sale] minifigs. Quality's good too.

I feel like this minifig was a missed opportunity. They could've done more, but at least we did get something. Maybe they released this as a trial minifig to see if demand for Death Note is huge. I guess only time will tell if we'll see a better version.

If you're a huge Death Note fan, then I think this fig is still a must-have for you. It should be cheap too anyway, so why not just get it.

Can't wait for the CNY holidays to end. Once they're working again and shipping, then I'll be excited to visit AngeloMarcus Greenhills for more hauls! Hehe! Stay tuned!

Check out more WM minifigs here!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments