Kopf KF414, KF416, KF417: Sentinel, The Sandman, and Titan Joker Minifigs Review

A random set of heroes/villains that superhero collectors will really want!


KF414 - Sentinel
KF416 - The Sandman
KF417 - Arkham Games Titan Joker


First thing's first, these Kopf figs came with Kopf labeled baseplates. I'm not a fan since it'll make these pieces almost un-reusable but it's not too bad. Quality of the plate is great too, even the print looks good. I'm assuming though that NOT ALL Kopf figs will have this because Kopf seems to hire many different manufacturers when creating their figs, but I do hope they stick to whoever manufactured these because these look and feel great!


Very good fig. Good print quality and good plastic quality. I think I would've preferred the Sentinel with the helmet/head mold like in the games, but the way they designed the head print is still really good. What I didn't like, and perhaps the only thing I dislike, is the some of the paints aren't consistent. Around the neck portion of the torso piece for example, the way the purple is printed on doesn't look too good. I also think they could've added more colors to the bottom half of the torso. I'm no expert with design though and overall, the fig still looks good, especially for army building!




Great amount of detail even on the sides! Both legs and arms have prints, yay!


I like how detailed the back parts are too.


Now for The Sandman and Joker. They're both from DC. I saw pictures of Titan Joker and I think he should've been a bigfig, but it's good that we still have him at least. Both are great, in terms of plastic and print quality. Design wise, well Joker could've been bigger and Sandman could've came with a molded head, but as a head print, he still looks good!


Better view.


What I found weird was the lack of side prints on Sandman.. He just needs a black rectangle at his side feet and yet they didn't give him one.. Weird. Joker still gets a decent amount of side prints which I really appreciate.


No alternate or back head design for Sandman. He does get black shoes at the back at least, and Joker gets a good amount of detail at the back too.

Three great figs from Kopf. I hope we get more like this and more interesting designs too!

I hope this improvement also pushes other brands to improve. I'm looking forward to what WM will be showing us, and I think that AngeloMarcus Greenhills recently got new arrivals so expect reviews as soon as I get them. I also got these guys from them of course.

Check out more Kopf figs here.

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. You can erase the kopf logo with Brasso (or a similar brass polish)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment