POGO PG782, PG783, PG785, PG787, PG789: Rebel Trooper, Ki-Adi-Mundi, and Other Star Wars Minifigs Review

First previewed here!

Much better than POGO's recent superhero minifigs!

PG782 - Ki-Adi-Mundi
PG783 - Rey
PG785 - Female Rebel Pilot

These are the accessories they came with!


The three figs aren't great, but I think I could call them good enough. The plastic feels light and cheap, but it's not bad at all. Movement was okay, not too loose but not too tight. The heads, like usual POGO figs, seemed to be tight on the torso though, but for these figs with no capes, I guess it's fine? Still an issue for MOCers.


Side view. Thankful that they made these new molds. The three of them have unique molds that are more or less only for them! The paint on Rebel Pilot's helmet isn't perfect, but it's better than what you usually get from POGO which is great.


Back view. Great molds!


Rey and the Pilot even have alternate faces! Going the distance, POGO, I like it!


Just a glimpse of their faces without their head gear.

PG787 - Imperial Pilot
Now for the Imperial Pilot.
I'd say the quality is the same with the others above, but the helmet seems a bit off, but maybe because the design is a bit too complicated and helmet mold somewhat deforms the print. Still not bad though!

He came with this deformed hand, and an extra so no worries! (Yes, three hands from POGO, wow!)


I'm enjoying this deformed hand more than I should be because it's so unique! Maybe it's the only one in the world? Wow, I'm the only owner of this! (Doesn't matter too much though because it's a bootleg product; though for other collectors, like let's say for Magic the Gathering which I also play somewhat casually, misprints are a big deal because technically, more often than not, a misprint is the only copy around forever.)


Underneath is a generic face which I prefer over blank heads. Personal preference though.

A view of the back. (No alternate face, which makes sense because the helmet's lower back portion is clear.)


PG789 - Rebel Trooper
Now for one of the more anticipated minifigs. I heard that original TLG ones are quite expensive because these are old, I mean just look at his two dot eyes! It's great that POGO is now offering us cheaper alternatives, even though TLG quality will always be far more superior.

The fig is decent. It's a simple fig, so it shouldn't be too admirable how POGO did considering the simplicity of the design. The real spotlight is the helmet which is probably the hardest and most expensive part to manufacture [for this fig].


I didn't know that the helmet was made of two parts, one for the base helmet and another black visor mold. I think this is great because POGO and other bootleggers usually have trouble painting on unique molds; sometimes they don't align properly or run out of ink in the middle of the mold.. Having a separate mold of black plastic instead of paint is much better! Fits nicely too, no wobble at all!


Side view!


Back view.
Although the helmet doesn't have that usual gloss we get from TLG figs... Still, it's hard plastic and not rubber-ish like other unique molds that we've been seeing from figs. For the price, this Rebel isn't bad!

If I encountered this set before the recent superhero waves from POGO, then I would've been very very hopeful for a much better POGO, and it would have been realistic given these minifigs.. Too bad though, I think that POGO might be using different manufacturers and they got lucky with these ones compared to the other recent POGO figs that haven't been great.

I've got more reviews from my AngeloMarcus Greenhills haul coming soon! Stay tuned! Might be reviewing Saint Seiya next, let me know what you want me to prioritize! Preferrably in Facebook becase I haven't had the time to really check Blogger's comments. (I apologize, I'll try to catch up soon!)

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments