WM WM481, WM483, WM495: Batpool and Azrael Batman (Knightfall and Knightsend) Minifigs Review

First previewed here!

WM481 - Batman (Deadpool)
WM483 - Azrael Batman / Knightfall Batman
WM495 - Azrael Batman (Red) / Knightsend Batman

Let's start with Batpool. On the right is another Batpool from DLP, though POGO is also releasing the same design soon.

Quality for WM's fig is great! The helmet is made of a rubber like material, if not rubber at all, and while it's rubber, it's still very good! It retains the shape well, and there aren't any weird edges. The print on it is also good! Those white marks are from the camera glare and not on the print. No complaints over here!

Batpool came with this 2x1 tile with a printed picture/drawin of Deadpool killing someone.. Graphic but cute!

He also came with this smg.

Underneath the helmet is no print at all.

An issue though: I put on the helmet like 10-30 minutes before I took pictures and removed the helmet. When I removed it, the head had red/orange stains which obviously came from the helmet since I saw the head clean before assembling the fig. This isn't really an issue if you plan on keeping the helmet on, but if you plan on replacing the head inside, take note of this issue. 

Additionally, while it's not usually part of my review process, when I smelled the fig, it had a unique rubber smell.. Well, the smell wasn't familiar to me, I don't know what that could mean in terms of the chemicals included in the making of the fig, but just to be safe, keep it away from children who might ingest it or anything similar. Also, while the smell wasn't familiar to me, I'm pretty sure I've only smelled a limited amount of things in life. Haha!

A view of the back! Nice details for the grappling hook printed on the back!

If Superman has Superman Red and Superman Blue, then Batman has these two! Quality is good! They're not as good as other WM figs though, but they're still on the better side. They're definitely better than POGO, and articulation and prints were good! No issues. One issue isn't on the fig itself, but on the shoulder/chest armor for Blue Azrael; as you can see, the bat logo is kinda on the lower part compared to the Red Azrael that has a more centered bat logo.

Underneath the masks, there's nothing. I didn't notice any stains, but that's probably the heads here aren't white anymore.

Side view with the wings. Yes, those are three layers of wings, but only attached to one pack so don't worry about each wing getting detached.

Looking closely though at Red Azrael, you'll see the the wings have these weird rubber marks.. They don't look good when looked at closely, but from a distance you won't notice them. The Blue Azrael did not have this issue, or at least wasn't as visible.

Back view with the wings and helmet.

There are actually three unique molds included per fig here: the helmet, the armor, and the wings. The wings detach from the armor, and it's not the most secure connection. A little amount of force is needed to remove the wings, and I think it's too litle. This fig isn't for play, unless you wanna glue the parts together which I would recommend. Still, even without glue, if you apply it correctly, it seems like the two parts are connected seamlessly.

Underneath the armors and helmets are these prints that were honestly unnecessary given that the armors cover them up, but I'm glad WM went the distance and gave us more!

Issues of the fig: stains from the mold on the head, easily (too easy) detachable wings from the armor, distinct smell, and some print alignment issues. Deal breakers? Not really in my opinion. This is a solid fig! I don't usually like rubber parts or molds on minifigs because they don't always turn out great, but these ones did! I just hope that the smell doesn't affect people with secluded display cases or containers. Let me know if ever!

I've got a lot more reviews from my AngeloMarcus Greenhills hauls coming up! Stay tuned!

Credits go to Shamrock Minifigures for the designs. They used real plastic over there for the molds which I would probably really prefer. Again, I always recommend that you guys get the originals as much as possible because 1) quality will always be better and 2) you're supporting the original creators/designers not just for their past and current work, but for their future work too!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. Do you have the model number for DLP Batpool? I'd like to pick that up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He's part of DLP9046! :D https://downtheblocks.blogspot.com/p/dlp-minifig-set-list-database.html

      Delete

Post a Comment