XINH 902, 908: Zemo (Civil War) and Ghost (Ant-Man and the Wasp) Minifigs Review

First previewed here!

The two of them with their accessories. Zemo comes with his notebook that he uses to control Bucky and Ghost has blsat pieces that I plan on removing when I display her.

A closer look at Zemo's notebook. It's simply a red 2x1 tile with the star printed on it along with other black marks to make it look old, just like in the movie. I'll be keeping this away from my Bucky minifig just to be safe.

Zemo's somewhat a problematic fig for me. First of all, the eyes somewhat look off. They seem blurry and even the overall arrangement of the face doesn't look too consistent with other minifigs. Additionally, his torso doesn't look as good as other minifigs with similar jackets; to be fair, he didn't really have a "look" in the movie and was often just in civillian outfits. I'm hoping that the MCU isn't done with him; I'd love to see him lead the Thunderbolts at some point. Maybe to counter DC's Suicide Squad 2?
For Ghost, she's pretty much a clone of TLG's design.
In terms of quality, the plastic is undoubtedly good, other than the hairpiece of Zemo which you'll see below. The print is great for Ghost and Zemo, but again, I did mention something wrong with Zemo's eyes.

Didn't like the hairpiece because of the huge plastic nub seen on the top center of it..

One thing though, that might or might not be an issue or error: Ghost's face seems to be too high? Maybe it's just me. I'd love to have the original Ghost to compare, though I'm not sure if I'll be able to get one for myself or borrow. I'd also want to compare this with other brands, I'm assuming Lepin, SY, POGO will at least try to make her.

Nothing on the sides.

Shame that Zemo didn't come with an alternate face. A face with glasses when he was pretending to be the psychologist would've been appreciated. Ghost on the other hand comes with Ava's face, which is a welcome addition!

I'm hoping XINH can also do the comics version Ghost! I was planning on MOCing him long before Ant-Man and the Wasp was announced, but seeing this, I'm cancelling my MOC plans. I'm happy with this.

Still two good figs. POGO has PG054 for a comics version of Baron Helmut Zemo and XINH has XINH 236 for Baron Heinrich Zemo, Zemo's dad in the comics. (Though the MCU changed his story from a German-Hydra family to a Sokovian one.) If you're an MCU collector though, then these two are must-haves. Ghost in my opinion though is a must-have for any superhero collector. I also enjoyed her in the movie!

More reviews from my AngeloMarcus Greenhills haul soon! Stay tuned! Check out my haul posts and if you spot something you might want me to prioritize, feel free to comment or PM in Facebook!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments