POGO PG8138: Coco Minifigs with Guitar Accessories Review

First previewed here!

PG1329 - Rosita
PG1330 - Imelda
PG1331 - Victoria
PG1332 - Oscar
PG1333 - Julio
PG1334 - Felipe


Two angles of the guitars. I love the guitars, but I'm definitely sure they could've been done better. They're not horrible, but I'm pretty sure if other brands like XINH made guitar accessories, they'd be better. The prints on these are decent enough, with some alignment issues and smudges here and there, while the plastic feels solid enough but not as good as other brands' plastic.


I've talked about this before. I love that POGO is adopting TLG's new skirt legs instead of the usual slope pieces that they used to use for minifigs. Those old slope pieces were often loose on the waist and hence fell apart easily.


Unfortunately, while the attachment from the torso to the legs is fine, the bottom part of the legs barely stick to plates, especially the included ones. Though if you're using a full 4x4 platform for the fig, they stick decently.

(Picture: if using the included plate (aka not complete 4x4 studs), then the fig won't really stick or stay in place.)


Moving on to the quality of the figs, they're not really bad, but they're also not good. I think as background figs they look pretty decent enough, but they don't deserve the spotlight at all, and the same goes for the other figs in the set.


Great to see side prints for both arms and legs though!


Back also gets a decent amount of printing. The back of the skirt's print looks good too even though the shape is curved.


For the male figs, it's practically the same in terms of quality. I'm also glad POGO decided to include the new cowboy had mold. So far, only POGO has that mold among the bootleg companies.


Side views. Side leg prints too.

Same deal at the back, when it comes to quality.

The two main characters were reviewed here in case you're interested!

I like what POGO is doing here, with the unique accessories and side prints. If they only produced this at a better quality, they would honestly be the go-to brand for all, but they seem to focus on quantity over quality and that disappoints me and a lot of other fans. I'm still hoping they improve, and to be fair, it seems like they have been improving, but I'm still cautious when it comes to getting POGO figs.

Thankfully, having a physical store like AngeloMarcus Greenhills is helpful when it comes to seeing things before buying; online pictures can still get misleading at times. I'm hoping the site helps with you guys. I know I've been posting a lot of stuff late, and I apologize. It's my year in college and I've got a lot of deadlines and all to handle; hopefully with a real job in the future, I can finally get some funds to improve the site in terms of cameras, setups, and even the site UI!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. They look really nice. I'm glad you are very tough on your reviews.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment