BELA 10972, 10979: Cull Obsidian Bigfig and Iron Man (Mark 48?) Minifig Review

First previewed here!


Why these two? Well the two are pretty interesting and by that I mean unique to Bela so far. You'll see why below.


The one on the right is Lepin's, which I actually compared to Sheng Yuan's here; thankfully AngeloMarcus Greenhills had them both, Sheng Yuan on single sale and Lepin from the big set. So what's so special about Bela's Cull Obsidian? The weapons are wrong and Lepin's face looks somewhat more detailed.


Well, Bela's Cull Obsidian's head is removable. This means a lot to many customizers out there. Other brands haven't done this yet as far as I know.


The bigfig's head does fit minifig heads resulting in weird looks. I wouldn't recommend it though since the neck seemed a bit too wide and might damage your minifig heads. Cull Obsidian's can also kinda fit on minifig bodies, but what you see in the picture above is the best it can fit in there because the chin area interferes with the torso.


Now for this Iron Man. Before anything, there is no official news about MK 48 and MK 49 of the MCU Iron Man suits. MK 47 was the suit in Spider-Man Homecoming while Infinity War's suit was the MK 50. Many have been speculating that MK 49 is the Hulkbuster V2 and MK 48 was a prototype of the nanotech suit. I also saw a picture of a supposed MK 48, which is probably fan art though, that looked like MK 50 but with a circle arc reactor. Upon seeing Bela's circle arc reator on a MK 50 suit, I convinced myself to make this a stand-in for my MK 48. Unfortunately, I can't remember where I saw the picture and have been trying to find it in the last few minutes/hours..


On the right is the usual MK 50. That new arc reactor on the chest has already become an iconic shape for Iron Man and seeing a circle design will really get your attention. Additionally, other details on the torso and legs are different enough from the MK 50 as well.


Bela's Tony also gets that HUD face printing though he looks kinda off. I don't mind because I'm keeping the helmet on anyway, but I've definitely seen better Tony Stark faces.


The back has some minor differences.

Well, do you guys think MK 48 will appear in Avengers Endgame? Have you also seen the supposed picture of the MK 48?
Again, there's been nothing officially announced regarding MK 48 and MK 49. Right now, I'm just happy to have this Bela fig as a temporary stand-in for my MK 48 until we see some official designs!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments