DTB: Blog and Photo Dump from In's Point Hong Kong Visit (June 9, 2019)

When we were going here, we passed through an elevator but apparently there's also a more visible entrance with escalators instead.

The hallways aren't the widest but they also weren't too narrow. I had no issues going around the place even when there was heavy foot traffic because it was alright to move slow given the number of things you could look at while walking through the 2 floors of pop culture stores.

 Hyped for the upcoming Child's Play movie. Lol, but yeah there are lots of geek, nerd, and weeb stuff in In's Point but for this post, I'll be focusing on the minifigure/brick side of things. Though really this is just a photodump!

 I think I saw these builds online before. Probably the same!




More bootleg minifigs. Overpriced.



Was tempted to get these Mega Construx figs, but ehh I wanna stay loyal to my minifigures.

We need Electro to complete the boys. 




Oh look, bootleg minifigures! They go for HKD 20-25 or around USD 2.56-3.20 [as of this posting]. Not a good price, right? You're better off getting legit figs in this area!

Light up sabers??? (They have thin wires so you have to be good about your cable management.)


This is from Kakkoii Toys.

This is where I bought my first ever custom fig. I didn't speak with anyone so this isn't an advertisement or anything, it just so happens that this store caught my eye and was the last stop before I left the area.







I wanted to get the Punisher War Machine but it was outside my budget..

These Kamen Rider minifigs are 100% better than what we see from Lele and Kopf. (Price is also probably exponentially higher haha)




Hate those Endgame variants? Well the brands just copied these I guess.






It's safe to say that WM at least modified their Female Thor a bit. Kopf's on the other hand looks too similar to that HKD670 variant.


I almost bought this classic Nebula instead.

Again, most of the pictures above come from different stores! It's fun to walk around and look for the best deals!

Now for what I got. Yeah, sorry I only got one fig. I was on a budget and almost didn't buy anything at all.. but I really wanted a haul of sorts and more importantly support at least a designer for all the designs they've given us through the clone brands.

So I got Multiple Man! He was available for only HKD 100! One of the cheaper figs there; it's cheaper than how much he goes for in the LeyileBrick website which is USD 25. So yes, he's a LeyileBrick fig. I've always wanted a Multiple Man in my collection and if he ever becomes cloned by the alt brands, I'll be fine with it because 1) I supported Leyile and 2) I'll need lots of Multiple Man clones anyway because that's his superpower!

In terms of quality, the plastic is perfect! It's really from TLG. The print on the other hand, which is UV printing I think, isn't as good as other printing methods we've seen. (More below.)



Here he is beside XINH's Daisy Johnson. I prefer XINH's printing compared to Multiple Man's. The UV printing is a bit thick and you can physically feel the lines and designs on it when you run your finger over it; still not as bad as POGO's though. I still like it enough though, but I can also see now why some people don't want to shell out lots of money for custom figs when there's a possibility that they'll come out for just about a USD and with a printing method they might prefer.

But again, there's more factors as to why these custom figs are priced higher. There's the effort, time, and talent that the designers have given for these designs and the sourcing of pieces (as in most custom minifigs require different parts that come from different sources and would then add to the cost of acquiring them). When you're buying custom figs, you're also supporting a human person who worked hard for it so don't forget that and don't ever feel bad for buying one even if a bootleg version comes out, or at least don't hate on it! Though I do hope that things get easier so that customizers can also lower the prices of their custom figs and people can have an easier time choosing them over bootlegs.

There were a lot more stores and a lot more displays in the area. I'm not really the type to take pictures of places I go to, but for you guys I tried! Sorry about bad lighting and all that, I took these all with just a Xiaomi Mi 6. If you're ever in HK, I recommend visiting In's Point. It's much more for authentic collectors though than for alt brand collectors.

As a side note, In's Point really reminded me of Greenhills' Shoppesville Plus (where AngeloMarcus is). The atmosphere is the same because the area houses numerous geek and pop culture items but In's Point has a lot more brick sets (TLG). I'm hopeful though that Greenhills' Shoppesville Plus and/or its upcoming new buildings will have a similar and hopefully better geek culture spot for people!

Share your thoughts below or through facebook.com/downtheblocks and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments

  1. there are the Naruto Minifigures from JLB !! :( sniffff ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Times have changed. I remember couple years ago you wouldn't find any bootleg figures at In's Point.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment