818 82163: Marvel Minifigures in Axl (Nexo Knights) Armors Preview

An easy set to skip but one that I wanted to try; this is my first 818 brand set if I remember correctly and I'd like to share with you guys if it's any good.

6 characters. 2 Thanos figures.. we have so many Thanos variants already I swear hahaha.

The gold paint on Iron Man's faceplate is a bit faded. The helmet on the middle Thanos' helmet can also open and close.

I guess we just have to imagine that for some reason, Thanos' arm armor/gauntlet does not cover up his shoulder, lol.


Nothing comes in the box that attaches to the back.

Thanos comes with this double bladed sword that doesn't even fit in the Axl armor mold's hands.

There's also this problem of an arm not connecting as close as possible sometimes as seen on Iron Man.

Ant-Man's Pym Particles got wonky huh? It's also not so obvious in pictures, but if you look closer, lots of the prints aren't centered.




For the most part, the minifig print and helmet print for Ant-Man are aligned, but it still doesn't look good. Venom's mouth also has that black spot and I don't know if that's intended or a misprint, but it also doesn't look good.

The black blade-ish part received here is also horrible in terms of quality. It's bent and has too many scratches. The other parts though were decent but maybe I just didn't notice it as much since these aren't whole sets as opposed to maybe if we got a big 818 set, the bricks there would've been more noticeably horrible.

What I appreciate is that they inclded arms for all of them in case you don't want the Axl armor.

Again, there are arms included out of the box. Thanos had a radical tan, lol.

The Iron Man design is also new and unique but I don't think it's meant to represent any mark in the MCU. Nonetheless, I'll probably add him to our Iron Man minifig guide in the misc area.

Hulk and his weird muscles.

No back prints.

Just some shots of the armor. All of them fit nicely on the minifigure torsos other than Venom's that initially required a certain amount of force.

Prints aren't centered if you look closer.

Oh and these technic pins in the arms sometimes came damaged like that even before I started building them. Poor quality control I suppose.

This review is mainly just to see what 818 quality is and I'm not happy. So yeah, don't expect good quality figures to come from them but I do hope they improve and if I see any more interesting 818 sets or minifigures, I'll get them and share my thoughts and updates.

Share your thoughts below or through facebook.com/downtheblocks and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments

Post a Comment