DTB: Haul from Pinoy Bricksters Xchange at Greenhills (August 18, 2019)

 Been a while since I last posted a haul post! I thought it would be nice to have one again not just to show off my own haul but to remind people of hobby communities that exist!

In the picture:
LW218
Ronin and Nebula from WM
DLP9092
A new(?) brand: OBM.

They're boxed figs except for WM! Reviews incoming! (Except those two WM minifigs since they've been out for a while now and are pretty decent anyway.)

These ones are just loose figs that I got from other collectors either for collecting variants/army building or for MOC parts!

PBX is a monthly event organized by Pinoy Bricksters, a group of alternative bricks collectors, where other collectors buy and sell their toys. It doesn't stop there though since there are also displays, raffles, and food. (There was an entrance fee but that comes with free food and you're also supporting the group! Renting for the event does have its costs.) I'll be honest though and say that other months usually have more displays but that doesn't mean the ones displayed today were bad, they were actually quite good despite their simplicity.



*If you're in the picture and don't want to be posted online, let me know and we'll delete or blur it out. I used to blur out people but it made it look like they were at some illegal event.. these are just toys..*

 Since it's in Greenhills, I passed by AngeloMarcus too. I've been hearing about their own HoA and how they've been trying to complete that Hall of Armor.. no wthey have this! I love it! And so do lots of other mallgoers.. Had to wait a bit before being able to grab a shot since lots of kids and families were taking their time looking at their display.

I love how they made Igor fit inside the Hall of Armor!

Of course they had other displays.


They're not in the main store and instead a sub-store(?). Not entirely sure but I'm sure that they're at least affiliated with AngeloMarcus, if not the same. They also have non-bricks toys as you can see in the image. (First floor of Shoppesville Plus for those unaware and would like to visit AngeloMarcus.)

None of these are paid posts or anything like that. No one even told me or suggested to me to post about this. I just appreciated the community for what it was and how you could clearly see how different the people were going to the event; people could share stories and laughs with each other because of their common love for bricks.

For those outside Manila or the Philippines, I recommend trying to seek out other local collectors to form groups and gatherings and maybe even help each other with your collections. Even simple sharing of hauls and pictures of collections can be fun assuming you're not looking into buying or selling! Be wary though of Lego groups because there are still a lot of AFOLs who are hostile against bootlego or similar brands; I do understand the hostility but if you don't want any arguments or hate, just be careful!

Tonight though, I focus on updating our Iron Man minifigure guide. Lots have been asking for me to update it especially with the number of XINH previews.

Share your thoughts below or through facebook.com/downtheblocks and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments

Post a Comment