Unknown Brand: Playmobil Inspired Avengers Endgame Minifigures Preview

At first I thought they were Playmobil knockoffs, but turns out they're not.

This is their size compared to a regular minifigure.

Their arms are just one straight shape which means the left and right arms are identical, at least in terms of the mold.

 None of them came with back prints. 

This is the breakdown of parts. The hands are actually different from the usual Lego hand. The only thing that's identical or at least very highly similar to Lego's minifigure is the head.

 The Unknown Brand's torso was too small for regular legs and so are the legs, but the legs can fit inside the torso.

The arms are compatible with each other though which is great news for customizers! (The Spider-Man minifigure on the right is from Sheng Yuan.)

The hands are different as you can see but were compatible with each other's arms.

 Sheng Yuan hand piece with the new brand's arm.

 The prints on them are pretty good but aren't perfect. I think I even prefer POGO's new print style. 

The prints seem to be pad printed which is still better than those previous, thick print POGO minifigures but I personally prefer the way Kopf or XINH prints on their figs. Despite that, I can easily say that these minifig prints are better than some prints on legitimate custom minifigures that I saw in Hong Kong.

Would I recommend these? Well if you're a minifigure collector, I think you can afford to skip on these because they're not technically minifigures but if you're looking for something new and has good quality, look no further!

As for the brand, we're not sure what brand this is and hence unsure of the codes as well. Some AliExpress stores might list them as a certain brand but they're actually just the stores naming them as such, so it's not accurate. (Similar to how Kopf [used to?] put Kopf branding on POGO previews.)

Also, special thanks to Keno, my friend, for lending me this set! Haven't seen this locally yet and he was nice enough to lend them to me for a review to let you guys know how these new figures are.

For those looking for them on AliExpress, here's one link that has them:
I wish I could provide the code or at least a keyword for this set, but I'm clueless..

Share your thoughts below or through facebook.com/downtheblocks and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments

Post a Comment