POGO PG1127: Predator Minifig Review

First previewed here!

A mixed review if you ask me, but leaning towards the good instead of the bad!

Let's start with the minifig body itself, without the accessories. Yes, the head is just all black and I'm fine with that since the normal Predator head with no mask doesn't really have a fitting shape with a minifig head. 
Moving on, the print details are great! I love it and the colors and lines are all great too. I'm not a fan of how the arms are too flesh-y that make them look human, but the designs make up for it. Good quality printing, good job, POGO!

Sides have prints too. Not just the arms, but the legs and torso! More plus points! The print details on this guy are amazing!

Same deal with the back. Good job! 

For plastic quality, it's the usual or maybe a bit better than the usual POGO fig. 

Now for the more interesting part: the new molds. I like them. I think they're good. The plastic material used is different from the Xenomorph and Godzilla, but they're not bad. 

What's different though is that these molds seem to be plain white then painted on with silver/whatever color that is. I noticed it first when I was attaching Predator's gun to his shoulder piece when suddenly the tube thing on the gun started becoming white; this was because as the gun's tube thing passed through the tight shoulder piece, the silver paint started to get scratched off.

Then I looked under the helmet and there it was, just white with some spray of silver.

I don't have any problems with this, but do be careful if you play with them or have kids play with them because I'm not too sure how good the paint is on these guys. At least they look good though.

Predator also comes with a pair of wrist blades that attach to him in such a way, so yeah you need to remove the hands first instead of simply attaching via hand-like pieces.

The minifig itself looks good, The head mold doesn't seem to be too accurate, but I think it can pass especially for the price. Hopefully we get revised versions with more accurate helmet. Still, at first glance, you'll know this guy is the Predator. 

Another angle. Yes, he has scratches on the top of his helmet which are intentional of course and are somewhat iconic too for Predator.

Side view.

Back view. Yes, the hair on his helmet is painted black thankfully!

The shoulder piece and wrist blades might be useful for MOCs too!

Overall a good minifig. I recommend it. The helmet's not that accurate but I think the fig is well made. Attaching the blades to the hands/arms were a bit hard for me, but I think that's more of my fault. I also hope that POGO keeps up the printing they did with this guy on their next figs.

Also, in case you missed my Facebook post and in case you missed any POGO figs, check out our chronological list of POGO minifigs here. I'd say it's complete, but I'm not sure and I didn't include the very very first POGO figs because their numbers are confusing.

There are so many of them, it was a bit of a hassle putting them together but I enjoyed it and appreciated my collection even more too after seeing them. I'm just surprised that with the hundreds of figs from POGO alone, I'm really just amazed how I get all of them from one store, AngeloMarcus Greenhills, and not even online.. I'm already having a hard time organizing my own things, what more when you have to to handle hundreds of stocks of hundreds of different designs.. Wow..

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. Thanks for your review!
    I have a question. The shoulder piece and the gun, are in Lego measurements?
    I mean...
    is it possible (for example) to put lego piece 92738 into the shoulder hole?
    And is it possible for a minifigure to hold the Predator "gun" in its hand?

    I'm asking for potential MOCs :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, lego piece 92738 fits and yes, the Predator can hold the gun.

      Delete
  2. I found a new transparent Godzilla fig, but his numbering is a little odd it's PG0001.
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Single-Sale-Super-Heroes-Ice-Lava-Godzilla-American-Science-Fiction-Monster-Movie-Bricks-Model-Building-Blocks/32845884784.html

    Also saw some new WM figs.

    WM485
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TMGT-Single-Sale-WM485-The-Clown-Pennywise-Redux-Joker-With-Balloon-Super-Heroes-Building-Brick-Christmas/32845720642.html

    WM402
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TMGT-Building-Brick-Single-Sale-WM402-Captain-Barbell-Philippines-Cartoon-Super-Heroes-Christmas-Toys-For-Kids/32846394347.html

    WM8002
    https://www.aliexpress.com/item/TMGT-Single-Sale-WM8002-Movie-Coco-Day-of-the-dead-Holiday-Building-Blocks-Education-Learning-Toys/32845396641.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for these! :)

      I also saw PG0001 and I don't know if it's a limited release minifig, MAYBE. I can't say for sure. I personally think they're pre-final Godzilla figs, or test minifigs maybe. They don't even have any printing at all compared to the other Godzilla figs. I'll post more about it if I find out more information!

      Delete
  3. think these look great have 7 ordered also u could try an orc's head on the predator body could look good add long hair piece

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi,
    I bought it from TARKEE Blocks listed as PG1127, but it has different helmet. Looks like it is not finished (no 2 scratches and without painted hair). It that like a 1st version, similar to the Alien figures? Here I have found a photo on aliexpress, where it is sold out: http://tinyurl.com/y8kvupp8

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment