DTB MB002: MythBlockers - Will the new dual-molded Koruit arms work with other well known brands?

The title says it all.

KORUIT's new arm molds are amazing. If KORUIT makes more figs, that retain the great quality of both print and mold and have those uniquely dual molded arms, I'm sure they'll be everyone's favorite brand.

The brands that we'll be covering are:
Sheng Yuan (boxed)
Sheng Yuan (bagged)
Decool
Duo Le Pin
Lepin
Kopf
WM
JX Big Elephant
Dargo
POGO
XINH

(Almost forgot about POGO and XINH so that's why they're behind.. Haha

Now this isn't the most accurate testing since these brands sometimes change their manufacturers. Kopf and WM for examples sometimes have figs with different pieces and fittings.


Sheng Yuan (boxed)
The fit was good. You can easily move it with enough resistance to keep it posable. It also wasn't difficult to insert the arm into the torso.


Sheng Yuan (bagged)
I decided to do a separate one for these newer SY figs since they might have been different, but no, it's the same as the boxed Sheng Yuan fig, at least when it comes to the compatibility with KORUIT arms.


Decool
Perhaps the worst. It was difficult putting the arm inside, I think Decool torso's holes are smaller. Once I got it inside, it was fine though. Movement was good with enough resistance to keep it posable while not getting removed too easily. In fact, the most frustrating part was removing the arm. It was difficult because 1) it was too difficult to remove and 2) it felt like the arm or torso would break when I was forcing it out ...


... then when I finally got it out, I saw a piece of plastic from the arm that got scraped off because of Decool's tight torsos.. This might be a problem for people who like to always replace arms and torsos.


Duo Le Pin (DLP)
DLP has always been said to be owned or at least related to SY and it's easy to agree since their quality is great like SY. For the arms compatibility, it's the same as SY. Great fit, great posability, and not at all hard to remove but also not too easy to remove.


Lepin
My only Lepin fig (out of 4), I think. The process of inserting the arm felt like SY's. The resulting fit was also just as good. Easy insert, easy posing.


WM
I think WM's manufacturer might be related to SY too, but I only say so because of the great quality and the very similar experiene to SY/DLP when it comes to the arms.


Kopf
The same can be said here about WM's. I think some of their figs are similarly made with SY figs. I have an incoming post that will talk about that too!


Big Elephant (JX)
The case here is very similar to Decool's. It was difficult to insert the arm because I think the torso's arm holes were too small. Though once in, it was fine. Movement was good. Removing it was also difficult, but at least the torso didn't scrape off some plastic from the arms. (Could be human factor too though)

Dargo
The case here seems to be the same as SY in terms of the inserting, although the arms seem to be more loose once inside the torso.


The sad part is that because I kept reinserting the arms, the joint area got worn out. By the end of the testing, the arm would barely stay inside the torso.. I had to put some tape just to make it thickers and remain in place.

This isn't a problem though if you intend to never return the arm to the KORUIT fig. If you want it to stay inside other brands' torsos, it should be fine.


I did POGO and XINH late, which is why this whole post took a while longer, because I forgot.. Yes, I forgot the two, arguably most active, brands because I was so sure I wasn't gonna forget them.. Haha
( I used a different KORUIT arm than the one above to test POGO and XINH )


POGO
The fit here is very very very loose. It'll stay in there if you don't move the fig, but move the arm a bit and it'll come off.. This really sucks because majority of the figs out there are from POGO.. You can get around these by thickening the arms with tape or even clay to make it stay there better.


XINH
The fit is loose, but loose in a way that it's hard to pose. It's not as easy removing it but posing it might be hard. Same solution as above, make it thicker if you want to pose it.

POGO and XINH did not damage the arms.

I'm hoping that the brands make their products compatible with each other soon. Right now though, I'm just happy that the nature of the product still allows them to be combined with other brands, even though we might have some issues on fit (being too tight or too loose). It's still not near to, let's say, how Google and Apple or Windows and Apple are competing with each other through making their software incompatible with other brands' hardware. Of course, the tech industry is still very very very different from these toys! Haha

Check the full review of the four KORUIT Kingsguard figs here!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. Very thorough and informative - Thanks! I just hope that no manufacturer ever releases an alternative leg to torso mold again! I hate it when its not lego compatible!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And yeah, when I just started collecting and only a had a few SY and Decool figs, I was so frustrated because they couldn't mix and match..

      Delete

Post a Comment