DTB: Haul for March 18, 2018

A tiring trip from Divisoria that wasn't as good as I hoped for..

You might be wondering why I'm not as pleased when that seems like a lot of figs.. Well, I chose to go today because I know that SY1001 and Lepin 07100 are already out there. I woke up early to go to Divisoria to look for these two sets specifically.. 

Why does this suck? I can just be patient and wait for restocks, right? Sure I can, but the travel to Divisoria, at least for me, is quite a hassle. It's hard to go there and the whole place isn't really welcoming. Very polluted, sketchy people, tight stores, etc etc. That's why I really prefer getting hauls from AngeloMarcus at Greenhills. Much safer there and much easier to go to as well.


I think the sets I wanted were already sold to the hoarders. Basically, a lot of people buy them in bulk to resell at higher prices to other collectors. A saleslady even told me that they were sold out immediately after just 1 day; that shouldn't be the case if it were just normal buyers since Divisoria isn't just a toy place and it's not like they did marketing to announce new releases, etc.. They earn even more because if you buy in bulk, you can haggle for a better price. It's admittedly disappointing for me, but to others who can't go to Divisoria (especially after what I mentioned), these hoarders might be blessings to them since they're easier to meet up with. Plus, who am I to judge, maybe they desparately need the money and thus turned to hoarding and reselling at higher prices. 

Moving on, this is my haul:

Only one store had this and it was the last stock..

Kinda an old set, I just wanted Iron Man but I had to buy it as a set. Divisoria is known as a wholesale place, for those unaware. I already reviewed Black Panther from back then, but his torso print was unaligned so I might keep this new one.

This weird Spider-Man set that I personally like. It has some interesting accessories too.

Uhhh, sure let's call them Infinity War figs. They're not the best, but they're first..

I'm hoping POGO and XINH get back to work soon, so that stores like AngeloMarcus Greenhills can get stocks of their previews soon. I think I'll prefer those. 

SY and DLP quality is still great, but their design choices have been very weird and disappointing.

I think AngeloMarcus Greenhills also has SY688 and SY687 in case you don't want to get yourself too tired and cautious in Divisoria.

Reviews coming soon! Along with my last haul from AngeloMarcus Greenhills. Stay tuned!

I'll also check the comments section of the blog soon, sorry for the delay. I've been busy because of midterms in school, but it's getting more and more chill by the day!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. Any pictures of Divisoria and the area. It sounds amazingly terrible. Next time you go. Might make for an interesting blog post.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Alright, hopefully soon! I'm a bit paranoid with taking my phone out when I'm there because snatchers might be lurking. I'll try to be extra careful though, I'd love to share pictures! :D (Might come back soon too anyway for the sets I missed)

      Delete
  2. What's the black Iron Man suit there?

    For the Mark 48 suit, I'd rather wait for a better version. Looks like they reused the Red Snapper/Heartbreaker helmer there.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's Black Panther! :D And yeah, I'm waiting for a better version of MK 48 too but it doesn't hurt to have more anyway hehe

      Delete

Post a Comment