Sheng Yuan 1099-2: Chrome Infinity Gauntlet for Bigfigs Review (AKA 1099-1 in other stores)

Didn't know that I didn't post the preview picture in the blog.. Sorry!

I'm honestly not sure if the one on the left is Lele's or Sheng Yuan's, but I compared them both here and are pretty much identical (other than the Stones). (I took the extra Infinity Stones from Sheng Yuan and gave it to my Lele Gauntlet.)

First things first.
MAKE SURE YOU KNOW WHERE YOU WANT THE STONES TO BE.
I misplaced the Space Stone on the middle hole as seen above, and as most of you will know, this is the wrong order. I got too excited and just placed it there. Additionally, I placed two more Stones in the wrong slots.. It would've been fine but the Stones were very very difficult to remove. I was also afraid to try and use brute force to remove them because I was afraid of scratching the chrome. Was able to remove them with the help of somewhat long finger nails and some wiggling from left to right though, thankfully. It took a while though, and it sucked because this was the first thing I opened in my previous AngeloMarcus Greenhills haul.. Hahaha.





Those are all the angles so far. The chrome is spot on! Inside the Gauntlet, you'll see it's black which means the chrome didn't reach inside which is totally fine. I think though that the additional chrome coating made the slots for the Gems much tighter hence difficult to remove.. (Could be a pro though for those who shake their Gauntlets a lot.. Haha)

So, the biggest disadvantage of SY's [non-chrome] Gauntlet was their Infinity Stones were a bit foggy compared to Lele's clear Stones. SY improved with this release though.
On the left is Sheng Yuan's old Infinity Stone [from the non-chrome Gauntlet] while on the right is the one included here.

What a beauty!
Caution: these things are prone to fingerprints, and that's basically a property of chrome, so we can't blame Sheng Yuan.

Here's the preview picture just in case:

I'm hoping we see a battle damaged one just like in the ending of A:IW. Let's see what Bootleggers can do! 

Stay tuned for more reviews from my previous AngeloMarcus Greenhills haul!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. I think I’ve picked up every version of this gauntlet now, because each new version is better than the last. So I have enough to have made the fully completed gauntlet for the MCU Thanos with the bare arms like the end of the movie, the gauntlet with only power and Space for MCU Thanos in his full battle armour like the start of the movie, a version with the stones in comic accurate order for my comics Thanos bigfig (from the AvenJet set), and now this one which I will be basing on the one in Odin’s vault, because I plan to try and make the other items in there too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pls buy some and sell it a t shopee po pls

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are not the only one to quick when it comes to placing them. I have misplaced the green one (I had to push him a lot) and I had to remove it with pliers. By doing that I broke the part that comes inside the hole and it was stuck there, furthermore I scratched the chrome. Had to push the remaining piece inside a glue the right one to the hole which was now a bit bigger.
    And I had only 3 corner pieces in my package.
    I think I will buy a new one. It just have to be perfect :-)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment