XINH 901, 903-906: Ant-Man, Wasp, Captain Marvel, and More MCU Minifigs Review

First previewed here!

XINH 901 - Zuri
XINH 903 - Erik Selvig
XINH 904 - Ant-Man
XINH 905 - Wasp
XINH 906 - Captain Marvel
XINH 907 - Iron Man (Mid Suit Up)

Just one disappointing fig that I hope you guys don't encounter.


The accessories they came with.


Selvig's briefcase with a SHIELD design is a standout in my opinion. Sorry about the lighting, but it looks much better in person. Closes and opens really well too.


For the figs, Zuri is actually that one problematic fig for me. Have you already seen why? His torso's and legs' prints aren't aligned! What a shame.. Additionally, XINH still hasn't adopted TLG's new skirt molds for minifigs which I think is a great improvement over these. (These slope pieces make the figs taller than normal and are [too] easily detached, the new ones are much better.)



Good amount of detail on the sides. Though sadly the leg prints aren't present on the sides for Selvig.



Zuri, Selvig, and Zemo seem to come from ashnflash, a designer from Instagram, but I don't think they post back designs and so I wasn't surprised to see that XINH's Zuri didn't have back printing. Though Selvig does.. did XINH add their own design for the backs?

Side note: great great great job, ashnflash for the designs! XINH copying their designs might not be ideal, but ashnflash undoubtedly is making people happy with these more accessible figs now. Don't forget, we can't ever fully compliment bootlego brands because their designs, for the most part, come from other people. So when I do review my figs, it's usually focused on quality.


The design is possibly from Leyilebrick. We haven't even officially seen a picture of Brie Larson as Captain Marvel yet (correct me if I'm wrong).. Though set pictures did reveal Captain Marvel in blue/green attire, but I think that the set pictures had more blue than green.

In terms of quality though, the prints are well-implemented and the plastic feels great too.



This extends to the sides that have amazing prints as well! Leyilebrick has released a number of designs with even side torso prints which I absolutely love.


Alternate face with an angry, powered-up face.


Now for the two main faces of the MCU in recent times. If you're wondering where their helmets are, that's because I started reviewing them without the helmets mainly because Ant-Man's wouldn't align with his eyes. I wanted to push the helmet down hard, but was afraid that once I did, I wouldn't be able to remove it and show you guys his face.. so I thought in advance and started without the helmets lol!

For the most part these are pretty good clones of TLG's figs. No print issues, no plastic issues. It's also worth noting that XINH already released these two characters with different, more detailed designs. (I'll show these below.)


Scott gets a worried alternate face while Hope gets a more determined face. I'd say it's really accurate to the movie!


Alright, helmet down, and that's the best I could do. The anti-stud inside the helmet wasn't molded too well, in addition to other minor issues on the helmet alone.


Additionally, red transparent plastic is seen overlapping on the grey on one of the eyes/lines.


I got really surprised that the helmet was a mess because XINH's already made a lot of these helmets in the past, be it for Wasp or for Hank..
On the left is XINH's Ant-Man (the only bootleg Ant-Man with transparent red visors, as far as I know) amd on the right is also XINH's Civil War Ant-Man. (Middle is this current Ant-Man of course.)


And here is XINH's other, more detailed Ant-Man minifig. I'm not sure where the design comes from, but the designer definitely did a great job. (Update: Possibly from figs.art @ Instagram?)


XINH 869 on the right has some great side prints too, but he also came with his own set of helmet issues. Well, just one issue and that's the grey plastic mold overlapping with the transparent red on the ear area of his helmet.


The back designs are also quite different enough and I don't know which I actually prefer, but both of their qualities are great!


Now for Wasp. On the leftmost is OK Brand's Wasp minifig from 2015/2016. She came with a horrible face that had bad quality, and so I modified her with that head and hair piece. On the leftmost is XINH 826 that reuses the Ant-Man helmet mold and turns the red into yellow instead. Not accurate to the movie, but some think it's better than a printed face that doesn't even have eyes on an Iron Man helmet mold. Though I think I prefer the torso design on this current Wasp. Preferences aside, plastic quality on both XINH figs were superb, OK Brand's was less than okay. Print is also much better on both XINH figs than OK's.


Just like with Ant-Man, this other Wasp has more details. Not sure where the design came from, but great job again!



Just more pics of the couple.


Oh and of course, these were their accessories included.

Great job, XINH for the great implementation of good designs. Let's not forget who really designed these figs though. (Let me know if I got anything wrong and if you've got the missing info I need.)

XINH's Wasp with the Ant-Man helmet was reviewed separately here.

Got a couple other AngeloMarcus Greenhills haul reviews coming soon so stay tuned!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. The additional designs came from Instagram user @figs.art where the vast majority of xinh figures have come from recently :) looking forward to receiving these they’re on their way to me currently.

    ReplyDelete
  2. where can i buy angelomarcus greenhills' minifigs ?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just got Zuri and the torso and skirt printings are aligned. Could be a QC issue?

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment