XINH X0191: Black Panther (2018) Minifigs Review

First previewed here!


XINH 855 - Killmonger
XINH 857 - Black Panther
XINH 858 - M'Baku
XINH 860 - Erik Killmonger
XINH 861 - W'Kabi
XINH 862 - T'Challa


XINH 856 - T'Challa (Ceremonial Battle)
XINH 859 - Shuri

These figs are of your usual XINH quality, but there are some issues here and there. Generally still very good figs though.

Let's start with the two Panther suits.


Firstly though, Black Panther comes with an extra head with the eyes+skin visible. I love it, though the quality could've been much better in terms of alignment for the head. My guess is that when they were printing on the head, it wasn't attached to a body hence the misaligned print.


The back is better, but still not completely centered. (Top head is the eye+skin head.)


Moving on, these were the accessories they came with and I love Killmonger's swords while Black Panther's claws went straight to my acccessories case.


Now onto the figs themselves. The quality is great for the most part. Plastic had no problems, and print was pretty good [except for the head above]. Though while T'Challa had some issues about his spare head, Killmonger has some with his feet.. I think.


The left side [from this angle] of Killmonger's feet do not look right. While the toe claws might not really be aligned in design, there's a plastic warp on that foot which makes the whole foot look messed up.


Killmonger's got the whole fashion treatment, even on the sides! Nice!


Both have good prints on the back too.


M'Baku and Erik Killmonger [without a suit] came with their respective weapons too. M'Baku's weapon is sturdy and does not fall apart easily.


I would've preferred if M'Baku came with a scarf accessory like that of Sabretooth's or Joker's, but I guess we can add that ourselves. Both have superb plastic quality again and the prints are very good too.


Glad that the arms of M'Baku were done justice.


No alternate faces.


Now for W'Kabi and T'Challa. No transparent blue shield here, sadly. I currently sort my collection into heroes, villains, X-Men/Mutant, Spider-Man, and Deadpool and I couldn't decide whether to put W'Kabi in the heroes and villains.. (Also, yeah it's a bit black and white separating them into heroes and villains, but I'll adjust once I get better displays haha)


I've got no issues with these guys too.


Great work on the sides for W'Kabi, including the cape. Especially the cape.


Great cape, right? Well-printed and no issues. Doesn't feel cheap.


And even though the cape's there, the details on the back of W'Kabi are still amazing.

Now for Shuri and T'Challa (Ceremonial Battle).


They came with these weapons. XINH still doesn't have the gauntlet mold, and while I'd prefer they do, these MOC blasters also look great!


In case you're wondering, the stick fits into the shield's handle just like that.


I would've preferred a more intense face for T'Challa, but other than that these two are great. This Shuri might also be preferred over TLG's.


Oh, the head and ears aren't too aligned too, sadly.


No side leg prints for T'Challa too, sadly.


I'm pretty sure T'Challa's butt was covered in the movie.. Also, an alternate face for Shuri is present.

Another great set from XINH, with some issues that I hope are isolated with mine, let me know if you've got worse or better ones.

Now I hope XINH does more GOTG 2 and Thor Ragnarok figs too, because those are the ones with more characters that are also interesting too. Original Ravagers and Korg please..

This is also somewhat a late review. I received many of these guys from AngeloMarcus Greenhills for a while now. I'm also going to them later to get a new haul and work on reviews!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. Hai. U can make an entirely new category for wkabi, perhaps, the Wakandan?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Agreed! I wanna make an entire army of the Border Tribe! :D

      Delete

Post a Comment