Kopf KF8019: Felicity, Hulk Hogan, Rocky, and Other Random Characters Minifigs Review

First previewed here!


A random set that a lot of people will enjoy/enjoyed!


KF974 - Clubber Lang (Mr. T in Rocky III) and KF976 - Rocky Balboa
Let's start with Clubber Lang and Rocky Balboa. Both are from the Rocky franchise, and finally we have a Mr. T fig hahaha. The quality of the figs are similar to the 2nd wave of Street Fighter figs, which is a shame because the 1st wave of Street Fighter and the 1st wave of Dragon Ball minifigs from Kopf were amazing. These ones feel more like POGO than how the 1st waves felt more like XINH/SY.


Nice side prints though!


Back prints. It's a shame that Clubber doesn't have back leg prints which is very weird since Rocky has.. Also, Rocky's alternate face is great and is a must have for people who shoot or display scenarios all the time!


KF979 - Captain Spaulding, KF978 - Felicity Smoak, and KF977 - Hulk Hogan

Now for Captain Spaulding, Felicity, and Hulk Hogan. Biggest concern right after seeing these: not-so-consistent leg color for Felicity. This has been more and more common now and it's annoying since bootleggers have been printing colors consistent throughout the fig but then suddenly they can't?? To be fair though, Felicity's case is not as bad as the other recent figs. In terms of quality, it's the same not-so-glossy plastic we get here as the ones above.


Side view. So they can do Felicity's side prints, but with the wrong colors?? Phew.


Back view. Spaulding has no back torso print for some reason.... Also, no back leg printing Felicity and Hulk Hogan which again is weird because they can do side prints....


A closer look at the Hulk Hogan cap. If you're fan then getting this fig even for just the cap alone must be worth it.


Now for Spider-Carnage and Venom-Carnage Hybrid. First of all, they come with these backgrounds that I will remove for the rest of the review.


They also come with symbiote web strings!


KF386 - Spider-Carnage and KF387 - Venom-Carnage Hybrid

I'll be comparing Kopf Spider-Carnage (on the left) and DTB025 (on the right; a DTB MOC). Kopf's design is certainly more accurate. This fig, in my opinion, is in better quality than the rest in this set. He's glossier, in a good way, and feels more like a Decool fig, (but better because I'm not too fond of Decool for some minor reasons) which is much better than POGO but still not as good as SY/XINH.



Side print. Kopf Spider-Carnage has print on the side arms and side legs and they show that Carnage symbiote along those parts which furter emphasises his symbiote look and I love it; I wasn't able to replicated this in my MOC, sadly.


For the back, it's a shame that Kopf didn't go even a bit more just to add symbiote lines to the back legs.. Red Sharpie? Nah I'll keep it that way, but again it's disappointing that Kopf didn't even bother with it anymore. At least there's back head printing though.


On the left is Kopf, and on the right is WM. From the front, you won't see many differences except for a couple of very minor changes in size of elements. Quality is similar to Spider-Carnage, but for some reason Spider-Carnage feels more polished.


Side arms might be the most different. The other side is just black.


The back print is where Kopf wins. WM mistakenly used the Venom design for the red side which is wrong. WM probably had issues with mirroring the design which I speculated in my review about him months ago.

Generally an okay set. Despite being okay and better than some POGO figs, I'm still disappointed because they're downgrades in terms of quality when it comes to Kopf. Hopefully Kopf decides to come back to the same factory/manufacturer that made those nicer Kopf sets!

Also, I don't have the Superwoman from Kopf, but I have the more or less identical Superwoman from WM.

It's almost Christmas and this set might be a great gift for kids or even adult friends since they're so diverse and could make many types of people happy!! For the new viewers, especially the Philippines, I got them from AngeloMarcus Greenhills @ Shoppesville Plus. People have been mentioning that I mention them too much, but before, when I didn't tell people in my posts where I got my figs, I'd get lots of PMs per week asking where I get my figs and I'm not always online so I keep other people waiting and I don't want to keep them waiting!! :)

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments