Duo Le Pin DLP9072: Old Man Logan, Hydra Captain America, Hank Pym (Ant-Man), and More Marvel Minifigs Review (Marvel Half of DLP9072)

First previewed here, though I'm only reviewing the Marvel half because I wasn't able to get the DC one.

Got rid of the boxes on my way home though since they'd take up lots of space in my backpack.

10 figs as opposed to the usual 8. They also came with these mini builds that I didn't build anymore.

Let's start with the bigfigs. Nothing extraordinary here. The quality for both is pretty good but for Thanos, I'll be mentioning something below.

Also, Hulk is pretty much identical to DLP9064's Hulk bigfig. Shame. I wish they included something else..

Both have removable head pieces.

A view of their backs.

If you look closely at the older SY Thanos (included in their Avenjet set), it seems that for the helmet specifically, the gold part of DLP isn't as goldish as the one on SY. Also, the skin tone of Thanos in the new DLP one is more purple, which I personally prefer.

The Captain America Hydra here seems almost identical to Kopf's. Maybe Kopf hired DLP to make it or rebranded this one as their own. Quality wise, both are absolutely good. Iron Man is more red than the usual maroon, but I actually like this because it differentiates itself from the many other MK 50 figs.

The shield included with cap is different from Kopf's though because the plastic used here is grey/silver-ish as oposed to red.

Side views. Good print detail for Cap!

View of the back with head gear.

View of the back without their head gear. Weird Tony face? Doesn't bother me much though since I prefer the helmet on anyway.

Without their masks. Cap is not recognizable without the body/helmet, though I don't find this an issue and I actually prefer it for MOCs. Tony's HUD also isn't the best we've seen.

Now for "Chinese Deadpool" and Thor. There was another Chinese Deadpool already released from before which I'll be showing below. This Thor's design though is unfamiliar to me. He looks like Thor Ragnarok's Contest of Champions' Thor, but still not it. I still like it though at least! Quality wise, no issues with these two as well. Good plastic quality, good print quality.

Deadpool with his traditional sword packs and Thor with that curved cape similar to his Thor Ragnarok fig.

No alternate faces here.

Here is the other Chinese Deadpool. If I'm not mistaken, the design comes from Leyilebrick and SY copied it, then DLP copied it again but changed some parts to orange.

No, Iron-Spider did not come with his spider legs here, sadly. Although I'm glad that we're getting an Old Man Logan here. I think it's the first time he's been made. Much more accurate to the comics than those Logan figs based on the Logan movie. Quality for both is still pretty good; maybe an issue of alignment with Spider-Man's legs, but not too much of a big deal because fo the many Iron-Spider figs getting released. Maybe Logan could've used the usual Logan hair piece, but I think the end result still wasn't bad.

No alternate face. No side designs too.

So it's really a good set from DLP, but I honestly think it could've been great if DLP chose to do more new designs. Lots of these are pretty old and perhaps the only truly unique ones are Old Man Logan and that new Thor design. I still hope to see more from them..

This set is also confused with this new P Brand's P8002 set with very similar figs but with still some differences. I'll review that set soon!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

Post a Comment