Duo Le Pin DLP9064: Various Marvel and DC Minifigs and Bigfigs Preview

Still an interesting set if you ask me, though I would've preferred new characters.


Won't be looking at their accessories anymore.. They come with go-karts and motorbikes.. Sure, like they need it.. Deadpool's bike might be worth it though, given how Deadpool is a weird character haha.


First of all, Toxin is more or less identical to Kopf's Toxin. I think this means that Kopf simply hired DLP to manufacture the fig for them, just like some of their other figs. This is mostly behind the scenes though so we don't really know which figs come from DLP. Though it's true that Kopf and WM hire other companies to make their figs which explains their inconsistent qualities.. (Like how some KOPF/WM figs are amazing and others are crap.)

About Hulk though, I think they wanted to make the Ragnarok Hulk but they decided not to invest in the molds (for the arms and helmet) anymore haha. I'm not too sad about it because 1) Decool and XINH have their own Ragnarok Hulk figs out, and I have XINH's and it's great and 2) this is another variant to collect, yay!


Quality control issue on Hulk though. The paint didn't fully reach his shorts/pants. I'll just pretend Hulk's anger ripped it. Lol.


A view at the back.
Toxin's spider logo is 3D just like Kopf's.


Now for the only two DC figs in the set. First is Superman from Justice League 3000 and the other is a variant of Batman, not sure which. Both are great in terms of plastic and print. I have some issues, but from this angle, you can't really see them.


Issue one, and this goes for the whole set, is the lack of side prints..  Superman's taylor decided to cheap out and not color the sides of his pants? Lol. But seriously, we know that DLP is amazing with side prints and we saw this in a lot of figs, most notably (in my opinion) their Superior Iron Man..


At least they get alternate faces and back leg prints too.


This is Batman's main face, a robot like face. I'm not sure about the lore, but his eyes and mouth didn't align well with the cowl/helmet.

As of this posting, there have been three Justice League 3000 characters already. Superman from this set. Batman from POGO (PG080) and DLP (and maybe other brands too). Flash from WM.


Now for Iron Man and Thor. Iron Man is great, I think some people have mentioned that this is simply a re-release, but at least it's not that usual Iron Man fig. I hope DLP releases more Iron Man figs, new marks and re-release the rare ones. No more generic Iron Men please.
Good quality too for both print and plastic.


Tony's face.


I find it really weird that they couldn't make these guys with side prints. DLP also released a Thor mini set with a Thor that had his metal side prints on his arms.. Why not here too?


A view of the back and their alternate, angry faces.


Deadpool and Wolverine. Two variants I've never seen before. Never seen in minifig form and even in comics/shows/etc. Anyone have any idea what variants these are? But anyway, they're great! I love the designs, especially Deadpool since I collect Deadpool variants. I know a lot of you do too, and even Wolverine. Also, do note that Wolverine only came with one claw accessory but he does come with a katana to hold in his other hand.


Nothing on the sides again, but at least it makes sense here.


A view of the back. No alternate or back prints for the head.

A good quality set in terms of print and plastic. Design choices, well that's up to preference. I liked it enough, which is why I bought it. I feel like the builds were unnecessary though; the plastic could've been used on an extra fig, or better accessories, or maybe even none at all to reduce prices. Oh well, maybe the kids like it and let's not forget that's probably their #1 market.

I still love DLP quality, but I do hope they make more new characters instead. At least these are some new variants though unlike what SY has been doing..

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. That Deadpool is wearing Deathstroke's colours, so I'm not sure if that's supposed to be something. Definitely not something from the Amalgam universe, though. As for that Wolverine, it's been driving me insane trying to figure that one out. I collect all the Wolverine figures that are one form of canon or another, but this...I don't know. The closest thing I can find is Daken's black and red outfit from Norman Osborne's Dark X-Men. http://marvel.wikia.com/wiki/X-Men_(Osborn)_(Earth-616)?file=X-Men_%28Osborn%29_%28Earth-616%29_from_Dark_Avengers_Vol_1_8_0001.jpg

    Otherwise, maybe it's a unique one like that Samurai Spider-Man that was released a while ago?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, the Batman and Wolverine designs are copied from LeYiLebricks but I don't know where they based the designs from.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. I've found the original Flickr post from Leyilebricks and asked where the suit is from. I'll let you know if I get a result.

      Delete
    2. I had the Wolverine down as based on the toy ninja figure - https://minifixation.blogspot.com/2017/07/wolverine-ninja-strike.html http://www.cooltoyreview.com/TB_X3_S1_WolverineNS.asp

      Delete
    3. Champion, thank you!

      Delete
  3. TBH , I like the thor and hope to buy it because XINH and POGO is not avaliable in a form of a box and I think you can swap the hair of hulk with SY hulk AOU and make it the battle at the bifrost bridge hulk and A:IW hulk

    ReplyDelete
  4. This I think is the Deadpool - https://www.google.co.uk/search?biw=1600&bih=745&tbm=isch&sa=1&ei=q8jIWvyzMKWdgAbo347gBw&q=deadpool+samurai&oq=deadpool+samurai&gs_l=psy-ab.3..0l2j0i24k1.35379.37763.0.38170.16.10.0.6.6.0.164.997.7j3.10.0....0...1c.1.64.psy-ab..0.16.1087...0i67k1j0i8i30k1.0.Ibb5F31W04w#imgrc=-ze4rxsfn_bGcM: - Christ only knows why, guessing LeYiLeBrick takes commissions or something.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, I am interested in the figure of Thor, do you know on which website I could get it? of course you send to Colombia

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment