Kopf KF468: Deadpool 2's Domino Minifig Review (Comparison with WM524)

First previewed here!

I believe Kopf cloned Phoenix Customs' Domino design while WM cloned Paris Custom Bricks' Domino design. As such, credits for the designs go to them as well as Deadpool 2's character/costume designers!

Separately reviewed WM's Domino here.


Accessory first. Domino comes with this SMG with removable silencer!


From afar you might think they're the same designs except for the skin tone, but really they're not. Both are obviously based on Deadpool 2's Domino, so credits for Domino's design from them, but the minifig-ized designs' credits go to their respective designers as we linked above.

Talking about quality though, both of them are great. I have one issue with Kopf's Domino but I think my issue with WM's skin tone outweighs Kopf's. I'm glad Kopf was able to make the skin tone more accurate this time.


Not a fan of the slapped on side/arm prints, but at least they're there.


Back view. Much more details on Kopf's back!


Kopf's also come with an alternate face. Generally speaking too, Kopf's face looked better because the white mark on Domino's face for WM wasn't as evident given the lighter skin they used.


The only issue I  had with Kopf's Domino is that their afro hair piece wasn't so good. You could clearly see the mold lines on it from the front and back and even nub on the top. Could be replaced at least.

I think I prefer WM's leg prints though.

Glad to at least know we have to options to choose from when it comes to budget DP2 minifigs. I'm also glad my local store AngeloMarcus Greenhills actually provided more options for us in Manila, Philippines.

I'm hoping that we really get the X-Force from Deadpool 2 as minifigs too soon..

I also reviewed Kopf's Cable [and compared with WM] here!
Kopf's and WM's X-Men Trainee Deadpool was also compared and reviewed here!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment