P Brand P8002: Captain America (Secret Wars), Old Man Logan, Superboy, and More Marvel/DC Superhero Minifigs Preview

Very similar to this Duo Le Pin set!

It's a boxed minifig set. Usually, boxed figs like this that copy other brands' designs are horrible. Though I was really surprised when I opened up these ones.

View of the back of the box. Just 8 figs as opposed to DLP's 20.

Now these figs are really really good! There's also one issue that isn't P Brand's fault and is partially my fault: I got an extra Thor fig instead of Spider-Man. I should've looked at it better when I bought it, but Secret Wars Captain America was really the only one that got my attention haha!

For the quality, the plastic felt good! There are some articulation issues, but nothing that ruins the figures. Some of the figs' legs were a bit loose, but not loose enough that they couldn't stand up. The print is also great, with some minor quality control issues.

Looking good right? Just a shame that my Captain America has a scratch on his lip.. Other than that, very good quality!

His shield is also somewhat unique because it uses a silver-ish mold with red and blue prints.

Back view. Cap also has back leg prints, something some brands can't do.

Closer look at Tony's face. The HUD leaves a lot to be desired. TLG certainly did a better job, and this is actually the same HUD featured on DLP's Tony. It's a shame that P Brand didn't at least try to fix it when they copied it.

Alternate face.

Deadpool and Old Man Logan. Deadpool is named "Chinese Deadpool" and was a design initially from Leyilebrick then cloned by Sheng Yuan, then cloned by DLP again but used orange on some parts instead of red, then now cloned again by P Brand (designed exactly the same as DLP; though there are some differences as we'll see below). I've got no complaints on both figs as they are both of good quality!

View of the back. Good amount of detail, and good implementation too.

For the DC figs. P Brand isn't biased to Marvel and still gave these two good quality as well.

Underneath Batman's cowl is this face. Don't know who or what it means, but I personally find it interesting.

View of the back.

Now for the two Thor figs. Both are really good. I'd say that the gold prints could've been brighter, but they're definitely not bad at least. The hammer was also good in terms of mold quality.

Minimal back design, no problems though.

On the left is P Brand's Chinese Deadpool and on the right is DLP's. (Also, yes, P Brand's baseplates came with those 4x4 plates similar to old XINH plates.) 
You might be wondering if P Brand simply bought DLP figs and rebranded them? I want to think that way, but a difference, for example is how P Brand's abs are less visible than DLP's. It's not as apparent here, but in real life it does. Does it matter? Probably not, I'm just looking into this as a technicality. Haha

I'd love to see more from this P Brand. Their quality is really good, and if you mixed that with good designs, then I'm sure they'd be one of the top preferred brands.

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. I think they P rebranded DLP's figure, just like Indotoys, they're just a rebranded SY. My brother bought an Indotoy's Spider-Man Future Foundation, I look up online and found similar produce from SY. Anyway, does the price similar to DLP's?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohh interesting! Here in the Philippines the prices are similar :D

      Delete
  2. Pretty sure that’s Superman Brutal (Darksied’s clone of Superman) not Superboy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, that Superman is actually Brutaal, from Earth-2 comics. And Batman reminds me an armour reminds me a lot but cant remember where I saw it (Arkham universe? Eath-2? Metal? Injustice?)

      Delete
  3. the batman is jason todd's batman suit in battle for the cowl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment