POGO PG1565-1571: Pepper Potts Rescue Armor, Ronin, Doctor Strange, and More Marvel Minifigs Review

First previewed here!


PG1565 - Pepper Potts (Iron Man Armor)
PG1566 - Black Panther (with Helmet)
PG1567 - Black Panther (with Helmet)
PG1568 - Ronin
PG1569 - Thor
PG1570 - Doctor Strange
PG1571 - Ebony Maw
PG1572 - War Machine


During my haul, the first one I opened was Ebony Maw and I was surprised to see that he came with an extra hand. I thought that POGO finally decided to include extra hands again, but I was wrong.. It was only Ebony.. lol


The others also already came built, as usual.


Moving on to the figs. If I'm not mistaken, and it's interesting that, this [and POGO's new Warmachine] is the first minifig to use the Iron Man helmet mold from POGO.. Surprising, right? If you look at my POGO set list, you'll see that the only other Iron Man figs they've made are helmetless or are using the new ANAD Iron Man helmet mold.

 Being the first doesn't mean being of good quality.. maybe it even means it's not gonna be good.. this one isn't so good, especially the helmet. While I think the prints are good enough, the helmet puts the whole fig down. You can see that one of the eyes have scratches on the helmet, and the grey itself looks cheap.. The articulation of the helmet isn't so good as well, feeling loose when it's mid way to the top/bottom, but it can stay put when it's placed down or placed up at least.


We do get some side printing at least.


Back view. I would say good printing for this fig, but it's certainly not perfect. Plastic was also just okay.


We do get a great looking face. I think the face should've been stretched a bit more horizontally, but I guess it still works.. It's also probably to allow the face to fully fit when the helmet's mask is put up.


Now... time for these two... Wakanda's known for its vibranium, not its painting skills... Joking aside, these two are very disappointing.. Honestly, I think they would've looked great if they didn't mess up the helmet printing, but the mess up here isn't a simple misalignment.. It's really.. a mess. The prints are all over the place! Looking at the body though, the prints are much better, but not really that good..

The lower torso of the purple Black Panther was also.. foggy.. I don't understand how that could happen, but it is foggy.. Hopefully an isolated issue.


They could've made up for the bad helmet printing with head prints, but they didn't.


Side views.


Back view. I really dig the designs of the Panthers, but the helmets and the general implementaion isn't so good.


Ronin and Thor. I've wanted Ronin for quite some time now, and it's a shame that POGO wasn't able to dedicate more for him. The design is great, but the implementation is just a miss.. He also sadly didn't come with any accessories. Thor on the other hand came with this awesome looking axe, but it's definitely not Stormbreaker.. They could've at least colored the handles brown, but nope. Still a good looking axe though.


Side view.


Back view. No alternate faces for them.


If there's anyone from the set that I think people will be welcome to buying even as a duplicate, it's this Doctor Strange and that's because of his accessories.


They're basically the round shields (Like Captain America's) but transparent orange with magic prints. These are great! The print is aligned to the center pretty well, the plastic feels good, and the print isn't blurry/thick/light. Overall good accessory!


Moving on to the fig though. They're.. alright. I think they're supposed to be better versions of TLG's MCU minifigs, similar to what XINH is doing, and while the designs are arguably better, POGO's implementation isn't the best. Though I would argue that these two are still better than the Panthers, lol.


Side view. No white hair for Strange.


Back view. No alternate faces.

POGO seems to be trying to compete with XINH with this set. As an advice to POGO, and I think a lot will agree, if they really wanna compete with XINH, they should upgrade their quality and release interesting characters and designs like this. I'm sure they can afford to do so already, they've been present for a while now and have been gaining more and more buyers. So, to POGO, try to balance quality and quantity!

If you're a completionist though, then I think these are worth getting as opposed to worse Chinese brands. I'm thankful that my local store AngeloMarcus Greenhills still lets themselves cater to completionist collectors too. I really hope they stock up on the POGO War Machine too, just so I can compare it with XINH's.

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more! 

Comments

  1. POGO seems to have good designs but bad implementation. Thanks for the reviews. After a few disappointing purchases, I'm waiting for POGO's quality to improve before I buy from them again.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment