POGO PG1589-PG1592, PG1594, PG1596: Bat-Mite, Weapon X, Spider-Gwenom, and More Minifigs Review

First previewed here!

PG1589 - Weapon X (Wolverine)
PG1590 - Spider-Gwen x Anti-Venom
PG1591 - Flash
PG1592 - Ninja Strike Wolverine
PG1593 - Bat-Mite
PG1594 - Wolverine (Play Arts Kai)
PG1595 - Deadpool x Batman
PG1596 - Bat-Mite

Not bad, POGO, not bad. Though while I generally think this set of figs is good, there might be a bit of a bias since we've been used to bad quality when it comes to POGO. It thus seems like these figs are so good mainly because the previous figs were soooo bad.
Let's take a closer look.

Let's start with the three Wolverine figs. We've gotten a handful of Weapon X variants in the past and I think this is the best one. DLP made one before with plain old goggles printed on the face and a similar body print and Kopf also tried to do the same thing with a helmet+visor in grey to mimic Weapon X's helmet. This is perhaps the best one.
Ninja Strike Wolverine (in the middle) has also been made by DLP and SY, and I think that while this one is of acceptable quality, DLP's and SY's are still much better. 
Moving on to quality, these figs are pretty acceptable. Reasons to get them would be the claws, and the helmet/armor molds for the two Wolverine figs on the side. 

Weapon X's helmet can open up to show Logan's face.

Underneath their helmets. This is a pretty unique face for Play Arts Kai Wolverine and I really like it. There's potential for some MOCs with that too.

Side prints!? Nice job, POGO!


View of the back. Some scratches here and there that I hope you guys don't encounter with your figs.

A closer look at Weapon X's helmet which I think is great. The feel of the plastic is great and the details on the molds look great too!

Now for Flash and Spider-Gwen x Venom. 


Both the figs arguable have intricate designs that I think look great. Did POGO do it justice? I think so, while they might not be great, I think they're not bad too. Some of the design elements have some blurry parts, but they're okay for the most part.


Glad to see that we have side prints too, including the torso!


Back view. Lots of printing and not the thick, blurry prints.


Now for the highlight of the set. I have no issues with this fig! There was almost one: the eye prints (as pictured below) are not perfectly aligned with the helmet, but thankfully it just meant that I couldn't push the helmet down too low.


A potential issue though, since the white background on the eye parts don't go all the way around the helmet is that you might end up with flesh skin being visible through the helmet. Thankfully it's not an issue for me, unless you look from certain angles where you'll definitely see the skin.


Pretty simple sides. The helmet's mold was also very solid. While it didn't give off a TLG feel or even a XINH/SY feel, it was definitely good.


View of the back. I didn't even worry about the bat ears, because usually thin parts like that are prone to bending, but not these ones.


No alternate face.

This is a good change for POGO. These figs kinda remind me of arguably POGO's high points in their time. I'm hoping that they still keep on improving. It's not always about quantity, quality should be on their top priority. I've read a couple comments that they've stopped buying POGO mainly because of bad quality and I completely understand. The reason bootlego got so big is because companies like SY and Decool started making some really good quality clones that were truly worth collection; I hope POGO never forgets that.

I know it's a late review and I apologize! I got these from AngeloMarcus Greenhills for a while now, but have been short on time because the semester started already.. The sem is already stabilizing so I'll start to have more time on reviews and other blog work!

Share your thoughts below or through Facebook and please like the page for more previews, reviews, MOCs, and more!

Comments

  1. The Weapon X helmet seems to be a copy of one the old Lego Power Miners helmet (the one in set 8189). I used that helmet with the DLP Weapon X when it first came out, and it looks identical to the Pogo one above. I have a feeling I was not the only one to have that idea...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment